Summary: Working closely with the Lab Manager, the Packaging Technician will prepare, perform, and document tests/findings for component testing within the Packaging Testing Lab. Will also communicate with internal cross-functional teams and external vendors and suppliers regarding testing procedures and results. Will proactively identify and communicate changes to testing procedures and results to other members of the lab.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act as backup to Lab Manager on communicating lab results to the Director of QA and Packaging Engineering department.
• Attend crossfunctional team meetings with the Lab Manager to discuss issues, testing, or results.
• Work closely with Packaging Engineering to communicate results of tests and provide insights into testing outcomes.
• Communicate directly with vendors and suppliers about test results and lab procedures.
• Analyze testing results, provide Lab Manager with project summaries.
• Test new packaging as necessary or directed by the Lab Manager and/or Packaging Engineer
• Work as directed, testing components against quality standards, tolerances, etc. All work to be in accordance with current departmental SOPs
• Work as directed with QA, Process Tech, and Packaging Development on all aspects of the primary and/or secondary parts to ensure that all parts conform to fit, form, function, and compatibility
• Review technical data sheets, engineering drawings as necessary for each component
• Conduct all tests for compatibility and review test results with the Lab Manager and/or Packaging Engineer
• Perform all necessary tests as directed to ensure product integrity through shipping, stacking, and other manufacturing and distribution processes
• Perform any job function within the Packaging Lab as required by the Management staff that is dictated by need
• Communicate with cross functional teams about testing procedures and results
• Initiate and conduct meetings with outside departments
• All Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to effectively communicate ideas, concepts and procedures to other employees within the organization
• Ability to set own priorities and work independently and effectively in a team environment
• Ability to interact with teams outside the lab, and provide results in a clear, concise manner
• Detail oriented, excellent follow through, and organized with the ability to multi-task
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Prior experience and/or strong interest in working in a lab/test environment
• Must be comfortable working independently or in a small team in a lab/test environment