Sr. Public Relations Manager
National Retailer is seeking a Sr. Public Relations Manager to service its Kids brand. The Sr. Public Relations Manager for Kids will be responsible for creating and executing the brands' publicity strategies and acting as the primary contact for all media inquiries. The ideal candidate will be an experienced public relations professional with general marketing and advertising expertise. This candidate is an excellent communicator with experience serving as a company spokesperson and has established relationships with top-level media contacts.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 7+ years experience in consumer public relations within the retail sector. Agency and in-house PR experience a plus. This candidate has expertise at media relations, social media, event planning, public relations writing, strategic partnerships and budget planning. Candidate must be flexible and a creative self-starter who is able to work within an entrepreneurial environment and manage multiple projects at once.
• Work closely with cross-channel partners to create annual public relations plan and budget that drives increased awareness and media coverage.
• Foster good relationships with national and local press, including long lead magazines, key dailies, online media, broadcast outlets and blogs.
• Develop and pitch story ideas to secure media coverage in print, online and broadcast outlets. Manage incoming media requests and oversee and coordinate product loans and image requests.
• Research and draft responses to media inquiries – trade, local, national and international; arrange media interviews with executives and spokespeople. Act as company spokesperson for media opportunities.
• Create and write seasonal press previews, look books, and press releases and distribute to media.
• Create, plan and execute press and blogger events including seasonal press tours and desk side presentations.
• Work closely with cross-channel partners to develop and execute cohesive marketing plans for new store openings.
• Manage U.S. and international PR agencies.
• Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results to cross channel partners on a quarterly basis. Create year end reporting to benchmark results to LY.
• Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships, and advertising on an on-going basis.
• Partner with VP of PR on budgets and budget creation, management, and forecasting.
• Oversee crisis communication for product recalls, negative publicity, and any other elevated issues on an as-needed basis.
• Support global expansion and provide strategic PR counsel
• 7+ years experience, preferably with both agency and in-house teams.
• Proven ability to advise internal clients on communications strategy aligned to business objectives.
• Strong consumer media relations skills, with proven program results.
• Experience booking and coordinating press tours.
• Strong self-starter who thinks on his/her feet to solve problems. Ability to recommend, and initiate work and projects with minimal direction.
• Ability to act as primary company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
• Comfort and experience working closely with executive management team.
• Creative, strategic and analytical thinking. Experience working closely with cross-channel partners across various business functions.
• Uncanny attention to detail, unrivaled time management skills. Exceptional initiative & follow-through skills.
• Superior interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills; ability to thrive in a cross-functional, team-based environment is critical.
• Results-focused approach. Ability to multi-task effectively and ensure that projects are completed with accuracy.
• Event planning experience.
• Experience managing PR team associates.
• Experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• A skilled user of Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Cision's Media Services, and other proprietary media contact software.
• Experience with retail, direct and online marketing tactics a plus.
• Interest in home furnishings and design.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Sr. Public Relations Manager