Department: Commercial - Customer Engagement
THE ROLE AND THE DEPARTMENT.
Reporting to the Head of Creative & Optimisation for Sports, the primary function of the role is to lead our focus on marketing optimisation across online conversion/ acquisition, and customer marketing.
You will be tasked with expanding our cleint’s optimisation efforts across all core marketing channels to deliver more cost-effective and efficient marketing.
The role requires experience of formulating and delivering programmes of work focused directly on increasing the performance of transactional pathways and user-journeys, taking a broad view to establishing optimisation as integrated element of our marketing capabilities.
The business continues to break new ground and this role will be pivotal to our success, through renewed focus on mobile, realtime, and social channels.
• Drive our optimisation focus across customer marketing and lead the development of a Centre of Excellence
• Supporting the Head of Optimisation in constantly striving to advance the optimisation maturity and in-house knowledge of testing and analytics.
• To shape and design test campaign designs that are best suited for the occasion – i.e. split test vs. an A|B test, data sources for define success metrics, length of campaign etc
• To act in a consultant type role with various internal stakeholder groups to help them take the steps needed to grasp the optimisation capability we have and want.
• Develop testing frameworks and models (from hypothesis creation to influencing campaigns to identifying success metrics) and post-test analysis
• Drive the creative build, delivery, fulfilment and subsequent optimisation of global marketing campaigns spanning acquisition, on-site and customer marketing
• Work with key stakeholders and teams across the business to ensure coordination and integration of optimisation across BAU activity
• Develop our optimisation roadmap
• Monitor core campaigns on a daily basis improving performance of the campaigns through ongoing testing and refinement
• Meet agreed optimisation targets to include weekly, monthly and quarterly KPI reporting
THE MUST HAVES (skills & knowledge)
Blend of 4 skills
• A data expert. Appreciation and knowledge of what makes ‘good data’
• Testing and targeting specialist – experience of running optimisation tests and targeting campaigns
• Analytics tagging knowledge – good core in knowing what can and can’t be tracked in the digital ecosystem
• Networker – salesman – ability to make people understand and see the value in optimisation
• Hands-on experience and specialist knowledge of digital and its place in the media mix, and the integration of online optimisation.
• At least three to four years working with standard clickstream analysis tools: Omniture, Adobe tools (insight, SiteCat, Target), VWO, ClickTracks, WebTrends, HBX, CoreMetrics etc.
• Proven experience executing multivariate testing & optimisation, preferably in an e-commerce environment.
• Two years’ experience in advanced web analytics methodologies such as experimentation and testing, competitive analysis, surveys and market research.
• Good grasp on how digital platforms can be measured and be able to advise on the tagging approaches available and most appropriate
• Experienced at turning complex data and information into actionable insight for the broader business
• Strong focus on driving conversion and evidence of having achieved real business change
• Strong Online Marketing Experience in a consumer-facing business
• Expert knowledge of the Online and Mobile arena
• Experience of delivering cost-effective acquisition/brand marketing campaigns
• Results oriented individual with a focus on innovation and delivery
• Strategic thinking and creative problem solving
• Self-Starter. A go-getter – wants to make something happen, progress made week in, week out. Doesn’t wait to be told
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs