The Senior Manager of Loyalty Training Delivery, Americas is a key member of the Training Delivery team and is a one year project role. They will provide alignment between Continent, Brand and Discipline leadership for projects and initiatives supporting Loyalty. This team member will provide a high level of specialized loyalty knowledge to support continent and discipline objectives. This resource will assist in leading the execution of loyalty initiatives related to the overall strategy for training delivery across all brands and BMSC disciplines within the continent. This resource will be accountable for developing operating plans and processes within its respective areas. Additionally, the Senior Manager of Loyalty Training Delivery, Americas will oversee the execution of learning deliverables to ensure program alignment with continent and Loyalty MBOs. This position will work closely with key business partners/stakeholders (Integration team and Learning & Development) to define the overall short and long-term learning strategies that support the business objectives.
• Accountable for delivery of Loyalty training within the continent for all training delivery modes.
• Interface with the corporate Training Delivery organization and Learning and Development to influence delivery methods, resources, and timing; interface with broader continent delivery team.
• Oversees continent Loyalty training deployment, delivery, planning and coordination.
• Coordinates and facilitates Loyalty training to include in-person and virtual training delivery for unique hotel openings and Loyalty Edge cases.
• Deploys and delivers in person training at continent Universities to include Loyalty delivery.
• Drive and monitor Loyalty training compliance within the continent.
• Manages all training delivery projects/programs and ensures resources are appropriately allocated to meet project deadlines, changing business, and/or market needs.
• Assists in the development of training delivery strategies within the continent and in partnership with the Loyalty and other disciplines.
• Actively engages continent stakeholders to refine training delivery strategies.
• Provides recommendations to improve the effectiveness of training delivery processes or programs.
• Communicates training delivery strategies to Corporate, Continent and Discipline leadership and gains consensus.
• Partners with department leaders to anticipate challenges and create training strategies that focus on talent and skill development thereby strengthening Marriott’s competitive advantage.
• Establishes measures of success, builds agreement within the team and holds the training team accountable for meeting high standards of training delivery.
• Utilizes strong training and field experience to ensure training meets the needs of the audiences represented and is effective as a learning and development vehicle.
• Serves as a liaison between one of the Loyalty and the BMSC training delivery team communicating strategies, partnering as a subject matter expert and providing discipline insights/direction to peers.
• Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any projects on schedule.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Maintains content integrity, accuracy and consistency of training programs.
• Delivers training to ensure transfer of knowledge according to program learning objectives.
• Delivers a variety of learning programs to small and large audiences, classroom and or virtual delivery.
• Oversees the logistics of all training programs delivered in continent.
• Assists in the accomplishment of identified key Loyalty and continent objectives contributing to the business’ success with a focus on the delivery of training.
• Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep team moving forward toward achievement of goals.
Managing Execution/Building Relationships
• Promotes adherence to policies consistently, follows disciplinary procedures and documents items according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
• Acts as a SME for training development projects using both continent and discipline expertise.
• Performs other duties as appropriate.
• Travel required up to 75%.
Experience and Skills
• Seven+ years of experience, strong discipline experience (Sales, Marketing or Revenue Management, background in training and learning a plus).
• Ability to influence others, build sponsorship for key initiatives and collaborate across levels and disciplines.
• Ability to implement change and accountability.
• Strong business and financial acumen.
• Strategic thinker with collaborative and creative abilities.
• Ability to influence without authority.
• Strong project management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Builds relationships across a diverse work environment to include a broad group of stakeholders
• Understands and effectively manages in a virtual work environment.
• Comfortable with complexity, ambiguity and change.
• External industry engagement and social media literacy.
Education or Certification
• 4 year degree from and accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management or related major; 7 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, revenue management, management operations or related professional area.
• 2 year graduate degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management or related major; 5 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, revenue management, management operations or related professional area.
• MBA/Master’s degree in Business, Adult Learning a plus.