Aquent is currently assisting our Fortune 500 client in their search for a Senior Manager to handle Opera PMS Facilitation & Cutover Support for their Americas and Caribbean and Latin America Continent Information Technology Team. This role will be responsible for training property champions on integration steps and requirements at pre-defined market training locations in the Caribbean and Latin America as well as the United States.
This role will be responsible for training property champions on integration steps and requirements at pre-defined market training locations in the Caribbean and Latin America as well as the US. This position will act as System Subject Matter Expert throughout the integration timeframe and will act as first point of contact for Property Champions. Members of this team will perform quality checks of Opera configuration, track progress and inform the Global Opera PMS Integration team of any delays or risk of conversion and provide any recommendations / execution of process improvements as needed. Members of this team will support the Opera PMS cutover process and participate with the cutover support team based at a centralized or remote location.
The core accountabilities include:
1) Deliver in Market Training for Opera PMS Property Champions and provide an integration tool kit
2) Provide leadership and execution guidance to hotels as it relates to implementation and deployment of Opera PMS and perform Quality Checks and record Milestones
3) Provide hotel cutover support as an Opera PMS System Subject Matter Expert at a centralized or remote location as needed
Under the leadership and direction of the Global Integration Team for the Americas, the CALA Senior Manager will:
- Conduct in Market Training for SPG Opera PMS hotels in CALA and the US and provide an integration tool kit and related information to designated Opera PMS Property Champions
- Execute the plan to ensure property readiness for all brand hotels on Opera PMS in CALA and the US
- Ensure escalation process is carried through at the continent level for Opera PMS hotels in CALA and the US
- Manage pre-work activities for Opera PMS hotels in CALA and the US
- Conduct several follow up Webinars and Calls with Opera PMS hotels prior to go live of the respective brand/phase (each brand will go live as a separate phase) to ensure readiness for integration.
- Perform Quality and Progress checks throughout the pre-conversion timeframe
- Escalate issues facing Opera PMS hotels to the Global Integration Team for the Americas
- Participate on the Cutover Support team at a pre-defined central location or remote as the Opera PMS System Subject Matter Experts (SME)
- Work with as many as 30 Property Champions at any time (Property Champions may be in different stages of the integration process based on hotel brand and phased timing of cutover)
- Perform other duties as needed
- Fluent in the English and Spanish languages. Preferred skill is writing and speaking Portuguese
- Large scale IT Integration Experience
- Experience working on projects independently
- Strong working knowledge of all hotel operations
- Strong leadership, listening and relationship-building skills
- Highly effective oral communication, written communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across multiple brands
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities through a complex and relationship-based organization with ease
- Strong attention to detail – excellent editing and proof reading skills
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills – ability to leverage resources
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal and leadership skills; ability to collaborate effectively with others on a cross-functional team.
- Working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Opera preferred
- Valid passport with USA Visa preferred
- Travel to facilitate in Market training
- Travel to participate on the cutover support team (travel may be up to two to three weeks at a time for each phased brand cutover)