• You'll get to work with some spectacular people both from the technology team and wider business
• We work hard to create a supportive, collaborative, and fulfilling workplace
• We love open source and actively participate in the open source community
• We win prizes (Netflix Cloud Prize for one)
• We do hackathons where you can branch out of your usual area to contribute something different and innovative
• We host and speak at meet ups
• We get to do all of this in a lovely, comfortable office in a nice, central part of London
What we're looking for in you
• We want you to come with passion, creativity, deep expertise, openness, flexibility and drive. Practicality and common sense are important to us.
• We want you to be focused on moving the business forward. We don't just build software for its own sake (notwithstanding deep appreciation for the craft).
• We want you to have a keen interest in the business, not just a given technical problem. We want you to understand the big picture and how your work fits into it.
• We want you to get excited about big, hairy technical problems like we do.
• We want you to participate in the technology community, the wider team, and the wider technology community around the world.
• We live, eat, and breathe travel powered by technology. We work hard and play hard. We're never satisfied. We celebrate success and learn when we sometimes fall short.
As a Senior Developer working in the Customer Retention team, you will be working on exciting projects that increase Customer identification rates, enhance security of customer accounts and provide an infrastructure for authentication and personalization on the site and affiliates. You will participate in the design, development and deployment of applications and microservices that drive customer experience. You will help ensure the pages are fast, available, scalable and developed to support exceptional demand.
• Work with the business and technology groups to refine requirements and functional specifications
• Along with the rest of the delivery team, be responsible for delivering product that satisfies customer-driven user stories
• Design, develop and test applications and services in a continuously integrated environment.
• Deploy and manage applications in our data centre and in the Cloud
• Promote good development methodologies via code review and great software design.
• Work with remote development teams and guide/mentor them
• Solid experience in Java, Spring and web application development
• Experience developing and integrating with RESTful web services
• Competency in working with relational and NoSQL databases
• A good working knowledge of security concepts is desirable
• Experience working with cloud technologies is desirable
• Comfortable operating in an agile environment
• Good interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills when working with both business and technical teams