Our client is seeking an exceptional Senior Interaction Designer to work on highly complex systems for financial professionals. The role includes researching, conceptualizing, crafting and communicating design solutions for their financial platform and a number of its innovative applications across multiple devices. The successful candidate will have a senior level of interaction design and/or information architecture skills as well as an ability to independently develop excellent user experiences and manage challenging stakeholder relationships. Experience in the financial space is also a bonus.
The team are a highly influential design group who share a fundamental belief that design culture is critical to the success of the company and work hard to back the belief up with amazing work. Their users represent the entire array of financial professionals including traders, portfolio managers and analysts. Design challenges extend well beyond rows of financial data and push the boundaries of what can be done with community, communication, analytics and data visualization across desktops, browsers and mobile. Their talented, multi-disciplinary team includes researchers, interaction designers and visual designers that value a creative and highly collaborative work environment where ideas flow freely. They believe that hard work is compatible with having a thoroughly rewarding and fun time along the way and celebrate their successes whole-heartedly.
Essential day-to-day responsibilities:
- You will work closely with researchers, other designers, product managers and developers.
- You will run a user centered design process that includes conceptual work, user evaluation and iterative design to create detailed specifications that describe how the interface should work. Artifacts early in projects typically include physical and low-fidelity items such as sketches, walls of sticky notes and paper prototypes. Final deliverables are high-quality wireframes, user flows, system maps and prototypes.
- Help deliver pixel-perfect, high quality designs, you'll work side-by-side with visual designers.
- At times, you'll be asked to direct and mentor the design activity of less experienced Interaction Designers.
- You are a natural communicator who can lead, facilitate and sell design ideas equally well to fellow designers and stakeholders.
- You have an ability to wrangle new and complex design problems that require unusual approaches to solve them.
- You have exceptional design skills and knowledge that you share openly with your teammates.
- The artifacts you produce are aligned with their purpose and audience but always exude quality and attention to detail.
- You are proactive and self-motivated; work with minimal oversight; and are comfortable making independent decisions that result in focused, consistent delivery of commitments.
- BSc or MSc in HCI, Psychology, Computer Science or related fields
- You must be able to provide an online or digital portfolio that demonstrates your design competence
- Ability to run projects independently and built productive relationships with product management and development
- At least 5 years experience practicing interaction design at a high-level and demonstrable mastery of design skills and concepts
- Solid understanding of visual design principles (eg. typography, colour, grids)
- Excellent facilitation, white-boarding and presentation skills
- Familiar with front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, iOS) and prototyping tools
- Experience with data-rich interfaces and data visualization
We are essentially looking for someone with extensive interaction design experience (not visual design) across data dense systems or platforms that require complex workflows (ideally desktop applications although web/mobile/tablet apps may be considered if they fit the criteria). Financial experience would be beneficial as would B2B experience and data visualization experience.
All candidates submissions must include a portfolio demonstrating end to end project examples (problem/business case, steps taken (research, sketches, wireframes, prototypes etc), solution and rational to support decisions made)). We want to see how the candidate works/operates across complex problems.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs