The candidate will be responsible for the overall usability and quality of one or more of our tech client's products/features. She/he will be part of a highly talented creative team working on different products/features within our tech client's suite.
As part of this role, she/he will be expected to lead the design of a product/feature from inception to implementation; define the team’s responsibilities and tasks; oversee the quality of the work produced by the team; interact with the UX leadership on matters concerning the team or the product; drive the vision of a product/feature and encourage the teams to take risks and come up with nimble solutions and creative concepts.
Directs the design and evaluation of technologies that enable business or consumer end-users and to use networking, computing, and communication devices with ease in business environments. Manages the activities related to providing usability support to product teams, develops methodologies and procedures used in the testing, analysis and investigation of applications/systems, as well as graphical, web, multimedia, voice response, and conversational user interfaces. Ensures products meet high standards of usability and design excellence. Determines specifications for user interfaces and internal structures for products in development. Works cross-functionally to evaluate, design, build, and test the product enhancements requested by others. Considers user profiles and customer requirements with emphasis on human error control, visual interaction, and physical manipulation. Plans and implements the standards for design concept and implementation. May evaluate technologies against industry standards and ensure compliance with applicable regulations. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Lead the design of a product or a platform from inception to implementation
• Advocate for the users' needs and the usability of the product that he/she is responsible for
• Advocate and promote the larger UX strategy within each domain and within the interaction design team
• Help the interaction designers in choosing pertinent UX activities in the course of a design cycle
• Help the interaction designers in the estimation, planning and tracking of the UX effort needed to accomplish a project
• Communicate constantly with the leadership team and the other lead designers to ensure all UX activities and designs are
• executed and delivered on time
• Ensure that the UX of the product gets implemented without compromising usability
• Ensure that all UX documentation is consistent across designers
• Ensure consistency across all designs produced
• Participate and support in design activities and deliveries
• Understanding of interaction design techniques to create engaging user experiences
• Strong communication skills with business owners as well as developers; must have the ability to articulate design rationale
• Stays current on and strategically applies the latest industry and design trends and state-of-the-art techniques.
• Knowledge of commonly used interaction design patterns and techniques.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional communication, interpersonal, multitasking and presentation skills
• Ability to solve problems and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Highly motivated and organized
• Must be able to work in a team environment, and follow brand guidelines and take design direction with positive attitude
• BS/BA degree in Human Factors, Engineering, Design or equivalent discipline or equivalent experience and a minimum of 8 years of related work experience