We are looking for a skilled UX/Interaction Designer for an amazing, contract-to-hire opportunity in Lowell, MA. In this position, you will be responsible for the overall usability and quality of our (tech) client's products/features. You will be part of a highly talented creative team and will be expected to lead the design of a product/feature from inception to implementation. You will also define the team’s responsibilities and tasks; oversee the quality of the work being produced; interact with internal UX leadership on matters concerning the team or the product; drive the vision of a product/feature and encourage the teams to take risks and come up with nimble solutions and creative concepts.
The ideal candidate is someone who has experience working on large-scale applications. You will also need complex problem-solving skills.
***Can work from home up to 2 days per week!!***
- You will direct the design and evaluation of technologies that enable business or consumer end-users and to use networking, computing, and communication devices with ease in business environments.
- You will also manage the activities related to providing usability support to product teams, develops methodologies and procedures used in the testing, analysis and investigation of applications/systems, as well as graphical, web, multimedia, voice response, and conversational user interfaces.
- Ensure products meet high standards of usability and design excellence.
- Determines specifications for user interfaces and internal structures for products in development.
- Works cross-functionally to evaluate, design, build, and test the product enhancements requested by others.
- Consider user profiles and customer requirements with emphasis on human error control, visual interaction, and physical manipulation.
- Plan and implement the standards for design concept and implementation.
- Evaluate technologies against industry standards and ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Lead the design of a product or a platform from inception to implementation
- Advocate for the users' needs and the usability of the product that he/she is responsible for
- Advocate and promote the larger UX strategy within each domain and within the interaction design team
- Help the interaction designers in choosing pertinent UX activities in the course of a design cycle
- Help the interaction designers in the estimation, planning and tracking of the UX effort needed to accomplish a project
- Communicate constantly with the leadership team and the other lead designers to ensure all UX activities and designs are executed and delivered on time
- Ensure that the UX of the product gets implemented without compromising usability
- Ensure that all UX documentation is consistent across designers
- Ensure consistency across all designs produced
- Participate and support in design activities and deliveries
- Understanding of interaction design techniques to create engaging user experiences
- Strong communication skills with business owners as well as developers; must have the ability to articulate design rationale
- Stays current on and strategically applies the latest industry and design trends and state-of-the-art techniques.
- Knowledge of commonly used interaction design patterns and techniques.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, multitasking and presentation skills
- Ability to solve problems and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Highly motivated and organized
- Must be able to work in a team environment, and follow brand guidelines and take design direction with positive attitude
BS/BA degree in Human Factors, Engineering, Design or equivalent discipline or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years of related work experience