Our client is looking for a talented Senior Interaction Designer to join their NYC team. This is a short-term (~2 month) assignment. This person will be uncovering user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
- Master service and interaction design as a discipline and a practice.
- Collaborate with our user research team to understand user needs, identify design opportunities, and create meaningful user experiences.
- Lead interaction and service design activities on projects, including client workshops, creative brainstorms, and interaction and service design definitions.
- Lead the definition of interactions and services based on relevant business, technical, and design considerations.
- Create instant tangibility for the team and the client through visual storytelling and service and interaction design techniques.
- Explain, discuss and justify design decisions eloquently. Give effective feedback and direction to more junior members of the team.
- Manage all interaction and service design activities at the project level.
- Accurately assess own performance and that of more junior team members.
- Own all interaction and service design deliverables. Evaluate output of other interaction and service designers to ensure quality of design work.
- Use a range of design methods and practices to design experiences, and lead the team in determining which are the most appropriate to use.
- Frame and tell the story of design solutions. Present the communication of research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Plan, design, facilitate, and synthesize workshops.
- 5-7 years of in-depth knowledge and experience of Interaction Design and Service Design across varied users, business problems, and devices
- High dexterity in speed and quality with the tools of your trade
- Knowledge of and curiosity about technology and its impact on design solutions
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with driving and applying user- centered design processes.
- Accustomed to working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional team members.
- Proficient in creating experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes
- Proficient with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes