Our client, a leading global professional services company, is looking for a Senior Interaction Designer to join their creative team.
As the ever evolving world of digital products and services continue to blur the lines across platforms and devices it challenges organizations in their approach to business and how they engage with their customers across an increasingly complex landscape of customer touch points. Design and innovation forms an important part in this and is our clients expertise. They help to shape customer experience and product offerings - from facilitating rapid innovation sessions and delivering product strategies, to building design capability within some of the largest organizations in the world.
- Apply conceptual thinking to create world-class digital services across multiple platforms, smartly bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities
- Develop sound UX concepts, including the definition of customer needs, task analysis, and the creation of personas, storyboards, scenarios, user flows and use cases.
- Translate concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity
- Create instant tangibility for the Fjord team and the client through storytelling and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping
- Define the User Interface Design through information architecture, wireframes and user flows and validate it through usability testing
- Create light weighed specifications and style guides to supplement prototypes for our implementation partners
- Work directly with customers and prospects to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques including observational studies customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights, learn about user behavior and verify design concepts
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, program management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
- Collaborate effectively with remote team members, including designers, researchers engineering, product management, marketing and others
- 5+ years in-depth knowledge and experience of user interface design with consumer applications, preferably mobile devices, rich web apps/site, interactive TV
- Extensive experience driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams
- Experience with design and prototyping tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flex, Visio.
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc)
- Knowledge of web-based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
- Strong knowledge of design process
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Must be organized, analytical, and dynamic
- Bachelor degree in a design-related discipline
- A passion for design and people and a willingness to travel