Remember when Google finally got design and the transformation that ensued across all products and apps? Well another tech behemoth in the Mountain View area is currently pursuing a similar, and equally radical, design-led transformation.
If you want to be a part of this massive transformation, we are looking for strong interaction designers (open to contract to perm) to work across their entire product ecosystem to help define and design future design systems and patterns for the company.
- Apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize among user needs, business goals, and technological realities across web & mobile platforms
- Take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers
- Turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity, despite complexity of the system
- Iterating and revising flows and interaction designs, and applying patterns (interaction and visual) from the brand and design systems, leverage feedback, critique and testing to improve product design
- Develop UI specifications, wireframes and prototypes, collaborate effectively with researchers, product management, development, marketing, and other team members
- Use facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders, resulting in others learning from you, and inspiring others to want to work with you
- 3-5 years of product design experience on web and mobile platforms, highly refined interaction and visual design chops, strong pattern and system design experience (represented in portfolio)
- BA/BS degree in design or relevant field (human computer interaction, graphic or visual communications).
- Fluent in Adobe Suite, Sketch and some online prototyping tools (i.e. Invision, Axure or equivalent)
- Deep knowledge of user experience methods: discovery, problem-framing, ideation, co-design facilitation, visualization, prototyping, patterns, skills and design principles
- Pragmatic design thinking, strong rationale and design process, articulate when speaking to and representing design and design decisions in product and design meetings
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage projects in a timely manner
- Preferable experience with data-rich apps, complex systems, data visualization, SaaS or enterprise software products