Senior Interaction Designer
As a Senior Interaction Designer, you will be part of a highly collaborative group of creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation. Our designers strive to revolutionize the way enterprise users experience VMware’s vRealize Product Suite for the Software-Defined Datacenter. In our dynamic Management Suite Business Unit, you have the opportunity to influence cultural change to promote a design-driven culture at VMware.
As a Senior Interaction Designer, you will be responsible for designing and delivering a stellar experience for VMware’s products that manage the Software Defined Datacenter.
In this role you will collaborate with a cross-functional product team to create experiences and interactions for complex problems around virtualization and cloud management at large scale. You will work in an exciting and engaging agile environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, and share new ideas. You must be comfortable engaging with customers, partners, and internal teams in both small and large group settings.
You will be responsible for the following:
• Defining the user experience design and process for VMware products that manage Software Defined Datacenter, from requirements, design, research and implementation.
• Engaging and collaborating with cross-functional product stakeholders on design direction and deliverables throughout the development cycle
• Working closely with user experience researchers to talk directly with customers to understand the users needs and goals, and to improve our products
• Collaborating with other design team members and engineering to architect solutions to complex design problems
• Become a subject matter expert with the ability to understand the latest architecture, technology, solution, market trends, as well as competitive offerings related to virtualization, cloud computing, and other related technologies
• 6+ years of UX experience in user experience and interaction design for complex web applications or services
• Strong background in user-centered design principles across desktop, mobile, and web platforms
• Proven track record for designing large-scale web-based
• Strong technical grounding with hands-on experience in some/all of the following areas/products: datacenter operations management, virtualization, cloud, et. al.
• Strong leader, self-starter, and proven team player in a high achievement-oriented environment
• Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and analytical skills
• Agile, adaptable, and capable of delivering new products and features
• Possess a very high level of comfort in working with developers in the presentation layer (for example, HTML, CSS)
• Experience in working with tools such as OmniGraffle and Adobe Creative Suite
• BS degree in Design, HCI/CS or related field
• Strong prototyping skills desired
• Online portfolio
Why work for our Division:
VMware’s world-class, award-winning R&D team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D offices in: Silicon Valley; Burlington, MA; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China.
Why work with our Group:
Engineers interested in interaction designers, visual designers/ graphic artists, and usability research craft easy-to-use products for a varied use population on the Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X platforms. They are experts in human-computer interaction (HCI) who are both detail-oriented and technical in nature. UE engineers strive to provide the best possible experience for all VMware customers by applying the latest techniques and methods including think-aloud sessions, storyboarding, interviews, personas, conceptual modeling, high/low fidelity mockups, usability studies, and contextual inquires. The UE engineers work side-by-side with engineering to deliver enterprise applications using the latest technologies.
Austin, TX, US
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Senior Interaction Designer