Senior Graphic Designer
This position is responsible for overseeing the execution of print, pattern, and graphics. Ensures research and developments are commercialized with the factories that meet designs aesthetic vision within price parameters, sourcing strategy, quality standards, and delivery requirements. Drives short and long term strategies around speed to market as it relates to development through commercialization. Supports global innovation pipelines to ensure competitive advantage and connection to target customer. Demonstrates a passion for the brand, Inspires individuals and relies on leadership skills to plan and accomplish goals. Directs the work with a wide degree of scope/ decision-making. Reports to AVP level, and typically manages small teams at the Manager level or below.
• Lead team to ensure all prints, patterns, & graphic packages are valid and viable for each region while preserving design aesthetic and meeting business objectives of speed, size ability, scalability and margin.
• Lead team to ensure fabric and wash researched and developed is driving innovation and customer connection.
• Create and establish a focused graphic trim component and technique library that is calibrated among regions/suppliers that ensures design aesthetic and supports company objectives of speed and margin goals.
• Partner with senior leadership to identify action plan and lead team to deliver blue chips.
• Drive/Support innovation in color, wash, fabric, print, and pattern seasonally; Identify roadblocks and create action plan to address.
• Drive/Support raw material strategies globally that ensure design aesthetic and support company objectives of speed and margin goals.
• Conduct competitive and aspirational shopping quarterly to ensure Pink is at forefront of graphic technique innovation and is cost competitive for graphic techniques.
• Ability to teach, mentor and motivate team to drive results. Ability to build teams establishing strong bench strength that can be leveraged across departments.
• Knowledge of color/dyeing, printing, yarn dyes, and graphic manufacturing.
• Knowledge of garment washing, garment dyeing and fabric finishing.
• Knowledge of product development processes and calendars (understands how print, pattern, and graphic development impacts the product development process through commercialization and applies knowledge to ensure business objectives are achieved).
• Knowledge of garment QA requirements and can create action plan to solve issues for short term and scalable plan to prevent issues from repeating in conjunction with supply base.
• Ensure cross functional communication is appropriate and timely in order to avoid delivery, price, or quality issues.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent computer skills - Excel, Word, Outlook, and product development software such as Web PDM or FLEX PLM
• College Degree (preferably with a concentration in apparel production management ) or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of experience in garment pre-production/production, print pattern, and graphic product development and sourcing.
• Knowledge / Experience working globally with screen printers and garment factories.
• A sound knowledge of the principles of quality assurance.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Senior Graphic Designer