A. OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES
B. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate with architects and designers in the development and initiation of new software applications.
• Ability to create complicated system designs for large projects and present those designs to others.
• Design, develop, implement and enhance functionality, increase performance and simplify maintenance.
• Designing and implementing solutions collaboratively to add value to software development efforts in the most cost efficient way. Must be able to effectively communicate designs to other team members in order for them to implement the design.
• Estimate production time of new development, site changes and bug fixes, communicate estimates to reporting manager.
• Ability to quickly detect and debug problems and provide rapid solutions to solve problems.
• Leading projects, mentoring and reviewing other developers work to ensure that reusability and consistency is maintained.
• Ability to define, document and enforce Standards for front-end web technologies.
• Participate in team code reviews to ensure code quality and adherence to standards and development guidelines.
• Thorough understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility.
• Undergraduate degree in computer science or equivalent work experience required.
• Knowledge of integrating JSP, JSTL, HTML and CSS.
• Deep experience with tools such as Firebug and Fiddler.
• Working knowledge of web-centric scripting languages such as PHP.
• Experience with source versioning systems such as GIT.
• Experience working on projects using an Agile software development methodology.
• Experience working with Linux and Apache web server platforms.
• Pro-active individual whose can function as a team player.
• Methodical approach to problem solving.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Ability to interact competently and coherently with customers.
• Attention to detail. Keen vision for standardizing common elements.
• Highly creative, with ability to work within pragmatic boundaries.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision on short-term projects.
• High attention to detail and ability to work and manage files in an extremely organized manner.
• Ability to take direction, or to work independently.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Self Motivated.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs