Aquent's client a provider of digital entertainment is seeking a Senior Front End Developer / UX Developer for a full-time/direct hire role.
Our client offers the latest and highest quality games, video, and music content through their Network while also delivering third-party services. In addition, they provide a compelling consumer experience through innovative content discovery features and a simple user interface that is globally consistent, yet locally relevant.
The Senior Front End Developer / UX Developer you will function as a key member of a small, surgical, rapid prototyping team, as part of a global UX design organization. As a “rapid prototyper,” you will develop web-based prototypes and simulators that supports a console experience and mobile experiences for the purpose of user testing, design studies, and engineering artifacts across a wide array of products and services.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in developing web-based applications and/or rapid prototypes in a fast-paced enterprise environment.
Candidates must be results-oriented individuals who enjoy taking ownership of highly visible and mission-critical projects that require focus on details and elegant user experiences. The ability to handle a variety of tasks and priorities in a demanding, fast paced, and high-performance environment, while working effectively with a range of personalities and technical backgrounds, both independently and in team settings is extremely important.
· Work closely within a tight knit team of experienced designers and developers to produce high-quality, high fidelity prototypes on an aggressive schedule.
· Architect, coordinate, develop, and deploy new web-based prototypes to support product strategy, objectives, and vision.
· Demonstrate professional engineering practices including adherence to coding standards, producing design documentation, and supporting integration.
· Strong attention to detail, polish, and app performance.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Systems or Computer Science.
· Minimum 8 years industry experience, with 5+ years of front-end development on high-traffic database driven Web sites and commercial software applications.
· Background in Software Engineering, Operating Systems, Databases, Networking, and Web protocols
· Background in UX Design preferred.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to innovate, prioritize, multi-task, and work under pressure to deliver projects on time.
· Process-oriented thinking with aptitude for analyzing potential issues and implementing solutions.
· Technical aptitude and problem-solving skills through cooperative approaches.
· Ability to handle complex projects, customer expectations, and rapidly evolving user requirements.
· Ability to work with limited supervision and able to produce technical design documents.
· Expert level coding skills is a must
· Experience with enterprise application development strongly desired
· Strong understanding of DOM ( HTML, CSS3, JS, JSON )
· Experience with major JS Frameworks ( Angular, React )
· Exceptional JS skills ( Vanilla JS, JQuery )
· Build tools ( Grunt, Gulp, Webpack )
· Source/Package Mgmt ( Git, Node, NPM )
· Mobile development experience ( Ionic, React Native, Phonegap, Cordova )
· Web-animation: ( GSAP, Velocity, CSS3 )
· Desired experience: ( Redux, Flux, Reflux, Immutable JS, React Router, React Native )
· Prototyping tools ( Invision, Axure, FramerJS )
· Experience with responsive mobile design
· Loves working with Chrome devtools, Firebug
3rd Party Vendors please do not apply. Must have authorization to work in the United States.