Senior Front-End Developer: Up to £60k doe - Some flex for someone with UX / Creative FED experience and an impressive portfolio
Digital Agency based near Brick Lane
Our client is a digital UX agency looking for a new FED in the field of experience design to join their creative studio. They will be responsible for delivering world-class digital solutions for our globally recognised clients.
Their senior front-end developers are encouraged to share their experiences and methods with peers in and outside of the business.
- Minimum of four years working as a front-end developer on high profile digital products or services, preferably agency but client side will be considered.
- Proficient with Git and version control.
- Experience using frameworks like Angular 2, React, as well as web services and RESTful APIs is a plus.
- Experience of working in cross-disciplinary design and full stack development teams.
- Experience of industry-standard design visualisation and prototyping software (for example Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision and so on).
- Experience of evaluative research as a way of validating and iterating solutions is preferable, using rapid wireframing and prototyping tools.
- Understanding of atomic design and front-end development principles.
- Understanding of W3C and WCAG accessibility guidelines.
- Understanding of backend languages, such as PHP or Python.
- Accountable for writing and developing front-end code to meet the requirements of the product, project or programme owner.
- Presenting rationale for the decisions taken to clients, under the guidance of Principal Developers and the Creative Director.
- Consideration for, and identification of, inherent technical or business constraints or objectives.
- Proactively share project progress for review by your peers and the rest of the studio.
- Support the costing and planning activity of design deliverables, report on the status of such deliverables to the programme management team and notify them of any risks.
- Support the wider sales team by identifying business opportunities, leading pitches, and generating ideas and suggestions for prospective work.
- A creative, inquisitive mind set.
- An insistence on following human centered design principles.
- Excellent diplomacy and communication skills.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Collaborative, whilst taking responsibility for your work.
As part of their three-stage interview process, you will be expected to present examples of your work that demonstrates your ability to deliver front-end code for complex interaction design problems, and then undertake a practical front-end development task.
Full spec and package available on request or successful application. We endeavour to get back to as many people as possible but with the high demand in roles we may only be able to contact those shortlisted.