The Senior Event Specialist is responsible for working effectively with clients, internal teams, and external vendors to flawlessly deliver world-class event programs that drive successful results against established strategic objectives, timelines and financial goals. The Senior Event Specialist will report to the Employer Marketing Events Manager, and work within the Marketing team to enhance and execute our programs. Our ideal candidate should thrive under pressure and have a passion for event production and logistics. You must be creative and scrappy, with an incredible eye for detail, a flair for bringing polish to everything you do, and the ability to quickly get up to speed on brand, culture, products, and line-of-business sales and growth strategies.
- Extensive knowledge of California venues and experiential venues.
Role and responsibilities include:
- Manage events of varying size and scale, including thought-leadership events, internal conferences, client events, experiential and sponsorship programs and other hosted events.
- Support the strategic planning and creative development of event initiatives, proactively managing all event needs from branding, agenda design, and venue selection to event execution.
- Build relationships with and manage external partners and vendors for multiple events.
- Develop and manage planning tools; i.e., budget tracking, project timeline, production schedule, event specs, meeting agendas and notes, etc.
- Develop, maintain and enforce comprehensive event operational standards, policies and procedures.
- Track budget costs throughout the course of project and communicate scope changes that effect budget in a clear manner; reconcile budgets.
- Oversee event production and logistics including managing and recommending registration programs, hotel negotiations to include room and space requirements, food and beverage, attendee communications, A/V production, stage design, décor, signage plans and creating event briefs.
- Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with all team members and departments (sales, creative, operations, global sourcing, finance, etc.).
- Gather and track ROI, engagement analytics and feedback to consistently assess opportunities for improvement; lead internal and external project debriefs.
- Act as a key advisor to other team members and internal stakeholder/teams to ensure optimal business outcomes are achieved.
- Manage event calendar
Desired background and qualifications:
- 5-10 years of current Meeting & Event Management experience in a similar event management role.
- Exceptional project management, budget management, time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated success in managing and negotiating with third-party vendors.
- Deep understanding of event registration services.
- Passionate, with a positive attitude and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to participate on interdepartmental teams and interact with C suite.
- Self-motivated and able to work smart in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Must be able to shift gears and effectively manage competing priorities; be a proactive thinker and creative problem solver.
- Must be willing to travel and work long flexible hours.
- Expertise with digital tools – Salesforce, Event management software, event app design