Our client is an institution looking for support managing the event program management tool for their Global Conference while a colleague is on maternity leave. This tool houses all the details relating to the event's agendas and must be kept meticulously up to date! This contract employee will train with the current colleague prior to her maternity leave, and then manage the tool on his/her own for one to two months leading up to the conference. This Global Conference will see upwards of 4,000 attendees from across the world! Please read the entire job description before applying...
What You'll Do:
He/she will join all programming meetings to take notes on all the changes needed to the program, make updates to the tool as requested via email and phone from colleagues, and make sure the necessary maintenance is done so that it pushes information correctly to the public website. Printing of the proper materials prior to meetings, and as requested by colleagues and executive staff ad hoc, is also required.
This is a temporary position for February 1 – April 27 with the possibility of an extension. Compensation will be hourly and competitive.
What You'll Need:
- A patient, detail-oriented, and professional approach to interacting with colleagues while processing an extensive number of requests, even in high-stress situations.
- Ability to learn quickly and grasp the dynamic of the Milken Institute and Global Conference.
- Technical savvy to grasp the multiple systems we use, including the grid, Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and Cvent (as needed).
- Experience working in events, development, and/or administration.
- A team-oriented individual who takes direction well, seeks out tasks when work is completed and assists colleagues to ensure collective goals and deadlines are achieved.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
This is a Contract position that will sit in office in Santa Monica (don't worry free parking!). This role will be the Event Coordinator for this client's biggest event of the year! It will start by training with the current Events Coordinator before she goes on maternity leave, then take over while she's away. Extremely important for this candidate to be detail oriented and not miss a beat! You will work with the entire events department as well as the IT Director to update the status of every aspect of the upcoming conference. If you're attention to detail and inter-personal skills are lacking, this is NOT the right role for you! This team is excited to have help come aboard and they want you to be excited too, which is why they're dedicated to ramping you up before kicking you out of the nest to fly!
Please only apply if you're able to work ONSITE in Santa Monica and available Feb 1 - April 30th full-time. Thanks!