We are looking for a senior digital specialist who will work directly and autonomously with the senior digital team and account leadership to develop digital media strategy/approach, implement plans, and track and analyze response.
This position will be responsible for working with a team of digital media specialists and assistant specialists with a primary focus on digital tactics for marketing efforts. The ideal candidate will be able to present to account teams and clients, analyze and simplify complex data, contribute to the career growth of junior team members and identify and negotiate with media vendors. Additionally, there needs to be a constant curiosity to stay ahead of a changing and complex marketplace, and an understanding of how these changes will impact client objectives.
This individual should have a strong proven record of planning and implementing strategic digital media campaigns focused on delivering against KPIs.
The ideal candidate would be able to participate in the following:
• Target audience analysis
• Strategy and approach development
• Tactical plan development, implementation, performance analysis and optimization
• Vendor relations and negotiation
• Budget monitoring and billing reconciliation
• Industry trend monitoring
• Industry research
• Competitive research
• Client presentation
In addition, the essential functions of this role are as follows:
• Supervises and manage junior digital media team and works with members of account management to set priorities for day-to-day client requests
• Manages key relationships (vendor and client) by meeting with them or account service team on a regular basis
• Works directly with digital media specialists to execute media buying responsibilities including vendor relations, negotiations and placing contracts, resolving billing issues, ordering make-goods and coordinating material delivery
• Understands overall objectives and how they relate to a client’s overall marketing efforts in order to build digital media plans that achieve client goals
• Assists in analysis of digital media activity with the help of the analytics team to highlight campaign strengths and weaknesses and provide actionable insights on campaign performance
• Participate in proposal analysis and presentation development for client plans
• Participate in client meetings, strategy sessions and presentations when needed as a representative of the media department
• Participate in client presentations and new business efforts
• Gathers, organizes and presents competitive research and spending data when needed
• Track historic and projected media costs to identify trends
• 3-5 years of experience within digital media including planning, buying, trafficking, buying, analysis and optimization
• Must be a strategic thinker with strong problem solving, communication, and presentation skills.
• Organized and able to handle pressure well.
• Has an interest in and actively uses all forms of digital and social media.
• Able to work with a wide range of people, including clients, sales people and internal staff.
• Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Good with numbers and able to analyze research data to determine best placements.
• Proficient in Scarborough, Excel, and PPT.
• Knowledge and experience using analytics programs such as Google Analytics.
• Willing to work long hours if unexpected projects or tight deadlines require it.
• Must be able to travel some