The Senior Designer works directly with the Digital Design Director, Executive
Director, copywriters and producers on a wide variety of ecommerce campaigns
and projects in both desktop and mobile platforms. The candidate will ensure the
brand vision, marketing strategy, consistency and key initiatives are visually
interpreted in line with the LA MER brand identity and look-and- feel.
Daily responsibilities will include from concept to execution on global/North
America campaign/promotion. Candidates should be passionate about beauty,
fashion and luxury lifestyle as well as have a keen eye for photography, design,
typography, and be familiar with current design trends and best practices for
digital design/campaign. Critical thinking, attention to detail, and excellent
communication skills will be required.
• Conceptualize, develop and execute digital creative campaigns and initiatives in
partnership with the Executive Creative Director, Design Directors and
copywriters to generate and develop ideas that brings the brand to life
• Support web-based and mobile projects and able to translate business strategy
into meaningful creative solution to drive sales and engagement
• Partner with producers to manage workflow and processes to ensure the
efficiency and meet deadlines
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum 5+ years digital/ecommerce design experience and formal design
training with solid typography, graphic, and digital design skills
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design and/commensurate experience
• An in-depth knowledge of appropriate usage of the latest versions of Adobe
Creative Suite, (especially Photoshop) image optimization for web, and other
web authoring/motion graphic tools. Knowledge of AfterEffect is a plus.
• Must have digital advertising experience creating content, visual design,
ecommerce websites, animations, landing pages, banner ads, apps, user
interfaces, user experience, emails, templates and layouts in both desktop and
• Complete understanding of web browser capabilities and user interaction.
Fluent in web technology.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced
deadline driven environment is a must.
• An ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and be a team player
• A self starter is motivated that has proactive problem solving abilities
• Knowledge and interest in cultural trends and luxury retail
• Digital luxury beauty/fashion lifestyle experience is a plus