Start date: ASAP
Duration: 6 month freelance contract, potential to extend
Our client, one of the UK’s largest television and broadband providers, are looking for a Senior Developer to join their team.
The Senior Developer role is offered as a 6 month freelance contract, based in Hook, Hampshire. This is an exciting opportunity to joining a dynamic development team and work for an iconic UK brand at a time of growth.
This location would suit candidates commuting from Southampton or Waterloo, or living in / around the Hampshire / M3 corridor areas of Reading, Guildford, Farnborough, Basingstoke, Camberley, Winchester and Southampton.
In essence we are looking for a strong, front end focused developer with solid jQuery experience, plus any cross-platform mobile experience would be a huge bonus. All the essential technical skills, knowledge requirements and studio details are outlined below for your reference:
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Excellent working knowledge of modern HTML and CSS
- Experienced with responsive/adaptive design for mobile and desktop
- Experienced with jQuery
- Understand how to optimize browsers and performance issues
- Working knowledge of cross-browser issues on both PC and Mac
- Work closely with Product, UX and other developers to best realise the vision, design and implementation of the product
- Discuss technical solutions and suggesting alternatives where required with backend development team
- Understand business requirements and provide technical solutions that work within the technical, project and commercial boundaries
- Produce high quality, well organised code to meet business requirements
- Conduct peer code reviews
Desirable Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of Restful web services
- Understand semantic markup
- Knowledge of accessibility standards
- Awareness of industry issues, trends and emerging technologies
- Experienced of working within an agile software development environment
- Experienced writing testable code (TDD, BDD or similar)
To apply, please send your CV and an email or cover letter highlighting your key experience based on the role details.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs