The Senior Developer is responsible for the build, maintenance and enhancement of websites, business applications, communications and reporting solutions. Working within the Interactive Media team, the Senior Developer must be able to complete tasks at all levels, from basic web page coding to specification of solution architecture, and must collaborate closely with external developer teams and the client's technical support teams.
• Share technological roadmap, updates and best practices information with peers in Interactive Media team, and to wider Business Unit stakeholders as required.
• Advise Interactive Media colleagues and external vendors on the desired technology solutions for briefed projects, based on detailed understanding of the company’s centralised US and locally deployed infrastructure, and desired ROI.
• Clearly explain/communicate technological implications to non-tech stakeholders.
• Drive discussions between International Tech Support teams and external vendors to ensure common understanding.
Technology Service Delivery & Administration
• Take ownership and drive resolution of all technical issues raised by Interactive Team, external vendors, or International Tech Support.
• Liaise with all stakeholders regularly to help manage development tasks in production WIP.
• Complete web server configuration, CDN configurations, web application configuration, CMS configuration, legacy system maintenance.
• Manage code set, including maintenance of current file copies for all websites, applications and development templates.
• Create or manage all Technical Documentation, for broad infrastructure and individual projects, sharing with stakeholders as required.
• Complete development work agreed in production WIP and with external vendors.
• Assisting the Head of Production with Interactive Media budget management.
Qualifications for the role are:
• 5+ years of progressively related experience in system design and programming.
• 3 + years of supervisory or management experience over other technical professionals.
• Platform & Technology stack - Linux, Tomcat, Apache, PHP, MySQL, MVC4, ORM technologies, RESTful and SOAP services.
• Standard WEB client-server technologies
• MVC Web Frameworks (Zend, Struts, Hibernate, Spring)
• Internet Protocols (such as HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, RTMP and SMTP)
• Database architecture and deployment knowledge (SQL, mongoDB, DBA concepts)
• Skills in UNIX administration, website and application security
• Detailed understanding of the website design process
• Highly self-directed, being able to both manage and prioritize the multiple concurrent and competing challenges, issues, ambiguities, and contradictions that necessarily occur during the creation of software solutions in a rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to prioritise and allocate work in order to meet delivery deadlines.
• Strong team player, able to work in a busy and demanding environment.
• Great verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred or Highly Desirable
• Development in Drupal CMS environments.
• Experience with Ruby on Rails.
• Experience with Agile or similar methodologies, including Scrum.
• Mobile applications platforms (WinMo, iOS, Android, etc.).
• Significant experience in design, usability and accessibility issues, with proven ability to recommend and implement best practice solutions.
In return, you can look forward to working with fantastic global brand with an opportunity to make an impact at various levels and disciplines of the business.
AQUENT Talent benefit from our 25 years of specialized creative recruitment experience across the globe, and are eligible for perks including Apple Store discounts, free access to subscription training resources, and a lucrative Talent Rewards referral program.