My client is seeking a seasoned DevOps engineer to lead the instrumentation, automation and ongoing operability of the global payroll platform services deployment architecture.
The successful candidate will be working on a global payroll project. They will be working on all aspects of availability, contagious integration and deployment and site infrastructure.
As a senior engineer you will lead components of the design, implementation and support of the global payroll platform services infrastructure solutions – including CI/CD pipelines, scalability solutions (elastic scaling, architecture swimlaning and data sharding), security, monitoring and alerting. Above all there will be a focus on automating all aspects of the infrastructure and creating high quality tooling that enables engineering teams to ‘self-serve’.
This is a hands-on engineering position; the individual must have a superior command of technologies and have a passion for ‘going under the hood’ to understand how frameworks and tools function so they can deliver the highest quality solutions and resolutions to technical issues.
A senior engineer must be comfortable defining future state designs and technical roadmaps to move from the current state to the future state and translating that roadmap into a series of steps that can be executed in short sprints.
• Hard working
• Fast Paced
• They are looking for someone who likes the work. They need to be passionate about what they are doing, be able to keep up, and really love their job!
· BS in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience
· 5+ years in the area of computer operations and/or software development with significant experience working and troubleshooting in a production *nix-based customer-facing environment (RHEL preferred)
· Understanding of AWS capabilities and architecture
· Experience with Splunk reporting desirable
· Monitoring tools setup and configuration (Sensu, NewRelic, etc.)
· Software build (Maven, Jenkins, Travis, etc.)
· Configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
· Deployment management (Capistrano, Fabric, etc.)
· Experience supporting Java applications (JBoss, Tomcat)
· Experience implementing solutions in alignment with the principles and patterns of CI/CD
· Familiarity with process around Agile software development
· Familiarity with immutable infrastructure and infrastructure as code
· Familiarity with infrastructure code testing
1.) Looking for engineering skills in devops
2.) perform engineering tasks related to devops
3.) Experience with Chef, AWS, Python, Ruby
4.) Testing infrastructure experience - this is really important
5.) Needs to be familiar with infrastructure as code