Vitamin T is working with a well known fashion/accessories company looking for an Art Director/Designer to cover a maternity leave coverage.
This Art Director/Senior Designer position is an upper level working role, working in a team approach with other Designers, Interns and the Creative Director on a variety of projects and assignments. Assignments primarily come from the Creative Director, the Marketing Manager, or the stakeholder directly. The ideal candidate is a proactive individual, with well-developed critical thinking skills who is able to process, react to, and solve problems in a timely manner as they arise.
ART DIRECTOR/SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER KEY ROLE:
- Lead creation of all printed collateral for the client's brand. Includes in-store signage, packaging, coordination of international collateral.
- Guide the creative process to foster stronger working relationships and solutions (junior designer, interns, etc.)
- Overseeing and coaching on creative direction and process, and ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of projects.
- Communicate and facilitate the art direction and formatting of design deliverables and produce necessary communications pieces in print and digital for the client's brand
- Collaborate internally as well as with stakeholders to conceptualize and execute creative solutions that can be translated across various media platforms
- Keeping informed on latest trends and forecasts
- Working closely with the Creative Director (or project lead) to create and deliver solutions within budget
- Assist in the planning and creative process
- Work efficiently with the design team on the development of materials
- Pre and post production quality checks
- Submit creative deliverables within the agreed upon deadline and budget
- Attend meetings as assigned
- Design of marketing communication pieces including overall brand development, individual piece designs, etc.
- Manage production of all print pieces from conception to completion
- Proactively recommend creative communications for marketing proposals
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
- Four year related degree and a minimum of 5 years design experience in an in-house creative department or design firm.
- Strong creative, organizational, problem solving and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to maintain multiple active projects.
- Expert knowledge in graphic design and print production process.
- Work well with tight deadlines in a team environment.
- Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Adaptable and quick learner.
- Must be able to apply style guides creatively while upholding brand identity for the client.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Possess strong conceptual skills, high level sense of design, layout and typography, a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions.
Note: candidates must be able to travel ON-SITE to the suburbs, this role is full time in-person. There is no train access, but parking is free!