Senior level designer within a fast-paced, high performance retail rollout team. This position requires a broad understanding of fixture development, finish and millwork details, storefront design concepts and the overall impact on merchandising and customer use (i.e. designing fixtures that increase capacity and volume of a product category, while maintaining the Brand voice). This position also implements an established design prototype in new and remodel store projects, and is responsible for all aspects of planning and design on assigned projects. This position partners with multiple outside architects, consultants and vendors on multiple projects; and is also responsible for partnering with and informing SD&C partners (purchasing, construction, finance, etc.) on updates to projects and progress to ensure timely project completion within established project budgets. In accordance with site-specific conditions, this designer will develop unique design applications and solutions as required. Must have the following technical proficiencies: AutoCAD, basic Word and Excel programs, In Design and Photoshop skills.
• Idea generator for store design concepts, high-profile projects, prototype, and fixture design on assigned projects.
• Review and process site information, prepare floor plans, storefront elevations, sketches, renderings and other materials to support design concepts and to communicate ideas and solutions.
• Ensure that the execution of assigned projects is in alignments with Brand strategy, project schedules and project budgets.
• Prepare presentation materials to effectively communicate these concepts, and present concepts to internal and Brand leaders.
• Collaborate with purchasing partners, vendors, project managers, and peer designers to translate concepts into mock-ups and constructible details.
• May negotiate directly with landlords, present to review boards, etc.
• Direct the activities of outside architects to execute design development and construction documents for both standard store and higher-level projects.
• Review architects drawing sets and vendor shop drawings for adherence to design intent, standards, and accuracy.
• Adapt design solutions in accordance with changing business conditions, design prototype standards, or new material developments.
• Influence the design quality of stores to improve performance; learn to stay abreast of business Brand strategy to interpret and apply to store design.
• Develop, design, and coordinate with all relevant internal disciplines: Visual, Marketing, Ops, Purchasing, and Construction.
• Coordinate with internal and external partners to assure project completion within schedule and budget.
• Identify and propose solutions to resolve issues that can impact project schedule, cost, or design integrity on multiple projects. Inform and incorporate feedback to project team. Partner with multiple functions to increase speed and leverage across functional expertise. .
• Advocate consistency and coordinated efforts, and for design integrity with internal partners and those who negotiate design with landlords and review boards.
• Seek to understand Brand business requirements/needs through brand relationships and industry publications. Attend Brand meetings for visual and operational reviews. Develop an understanding of Visual Merchandising practices and needs. Apply learnings to assigned projects.
• Propose design solutions that will enhance the customer experience and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
• Travel as required to provide on-site design support, become familiar with construction details, and evaluate end results; and associated with attending industry shows, vendor showrooms, and any material sourcing events.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs