Supports Art Director in building brand, and concept development/execution of marketing campaigns and programs, from concept to execution across media.
• Brand Builder: Partners with Art Director to develop and build strong brand. Supports in brand execution to ensure consistency across brand through all channels. Develops visual design standards for brand.
• Strategic Thinker: Partners with Art Director to develop strategic marketing campaign concepts. Understands both marketing and creative needs to provide creative solutions that meet business objectives. Supports in integration of art direction and design across all channels including, but not limited to: window animations, magazine print, print collateral/direct mail, in-store graphics and event materials. Develops visual design standards for brand animations
• Creative Collaborator: Partners closely with Editorial, Digital and Visual Merchandising teams to develop creative concepts for robust 360 client experience. Partners with Content Production to align on appropriate talent to ensure accurate execution of creative vision. Including but not limited to photography, retouching, illustration, typographic development.
• Cross-functional Partner: Helps to build relationships with cross-functional partners to ensure strategic objectives are met. Collaborates with various cross-functional teams including Marketing, Merchandising, Store Operations, Program Management, Procurement and Loyalty.
• Design expert: Executes projects with thoughtful and elevated design. Understands design and typographic fundamentals and provides new and exciting design solutions and POV.
• Passionate Creative: Works to further design and art direction expertise. Spends time educating oneself in industry knowledge i.e.. photographers, models, agencies and honing design and typographic skills.
• Skilled Presenter: Represents creative team in smaller groups settings within team and amongst partners.
• 3-5+ years of creative experience.
• College degree; BA or BFA preferred in Graphic Design or Communication Design.
• Passion for design and art direction
• Knowledge and experience in retail space.
• Understanding of beauty and fashion.
• Understanding of photography and knowledge of relevant industry talent.
• Understanding of current industry related trends.
• Understanding of design, typography and layout principles, environmental graphics, production process.
• Management experience.
• Strong leadership, negotiation and consensus-building skills.
• Strong relationship-building skills; ability to work with a variety of people in various disciplines.
• Team player: Enjoys working with others and collaborating with positive attitude.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent presentation skills at both team and leadership levels.
• Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented; time management skills, ability to juggle priorities.
• Proficient knowledge of Adobe programs: Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
• Ability to work in a very fast paced environment and meet very tight deadlines.
• The drive to excel and succeed; self-motivated.