• You will be responsible for leading and inspiring the design team to bring the brand to life by creating imaginative design solutions in line with our brand guidelines.
• With a flair for generating brilliant ideas that resonate with our audiences (15 to 17 year olds and their parents / guardians), you will provide high-end creative design, as well as having a strong ‘asset creation’ skill set.
• You will ensure design effectiveness across multiple channels including: social channels, print assets, Direct Mail, email comms, merchandise, web pages, video assets etc.
• Educating and guiding external partners on design ethos.
• Ensuring only the highest quality of work leaves the department, all within agreed budgets and deadlines.
• Supporting and creating new standards and procedures for others to follow where appropriate.
• Providing strategic rationale for design choices – ensuring the creative objectives, as stated and agreed in the creative brief, are pushed and answered.
• Using trends, insights and research to strategically inform design decisions.
• Leading on and responding to briefs from internal clients, walking clients through design decisions and journeys.
• Creating original content with minimal / no budget and repurposing previously produced material in a fresh way.
• Giving feedback and direction on assets from external agencies and partners and the internal design team.
• Nurturing, guiding and developing more junior members of the team, giving appropriate design advice and highlighting areas of success and improvement.
• You will be an Adobe Suite guru with at least 5 years’ experience from award-winning agencies or brands. Your portfolio will be outstanding, showing breadth, personality and versatility in execution, channel and audience.
• Educated preferably to degree level or an equivalent qualification in design and preferably working at a Senior Designer level.
• You will have experience of producing and offering expert guidance on:
Print materials including print ads and advertorials
Skills & Attributes
● A positive and conscientious self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and is comfortable with multi stakeholder feedback.
● Not afraid to try something new and experiment with new technologies or techniques
● With unbeatable production skills and an acute eye for detail, you will provide practical guidance and creative direction to the internal design team.
● A curiosity for all sorts of multi-platform interactive content and a passion for youth focused content and platforms.
● You will demonstrate excellent communication and organisation skills and will use your strong presentation skills when presenting ideas to internal clients at all levels.
● You must have a meticulous attention to detail and an exceptional critical eye to ensure that consistency and quality is maintained.
● An understanding of / interest in UX design would be desirable as would experience in video editing / motion graphics / kinetic text
● You will be positive and enthusiastic and use your excellent multi-tasking abilities to meet tight and often fluid deadlines.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs