Reports To: Senior Manager, Creative Services
This is a great opportunity to join the Creative team within one of London's heritage brands and be part of an ambitious business that values the importance of creative in realising its commercial success. The Senior Designer Role is integral to this. Leading a team of two (Junior Designer and Creative Artworker as well as ad hoc freelance support), and working with a copywriter, this role is responsible for the creative execution of global campaign assets and marketing materials. This is a challenging role but it is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to work creatively at a high level and across a global platform within a luxury business.
- Delivering 17 campaigns per year across three marketing calendars (global stand alone stores, outlet and international) which take consumers on inspiring journeys of discovery, and that demonstrate the brands irrepressible desire to discover the unexplored.
- Working side-by-side with the Copywriter to develop beautiful stories of discovery, taking inspiration from the ingredients, their provenance and the unique stories at their source.
- Producing creative presentations that clearly show:
◦ The thought process and research undertaken, including where inspiration from the ingredient or provenance location has taken the creative
◦ Thoughts on photographers, stylists and set designers
◦ Sketches of potential shots and how these will be applied across the numerous formats of POS and online assets
◦ Storyboard executions for the film element of the campaign (where appropriate) to show how the story of the campaign will be realised through moving image, sound and music
- Work closely with the Visual Merchandising team from the early stages of creative development, so that there is a seamless link between the printed elements of the campaign and the window and in-store propping executions
- Presenting creative to senior management and the wider business, taking them on the journey of the campaign and its intended execution
- Organising pre-production, liaising with photographers and production companies to ensure a smooth shoot (stills and moving image) and to ensure that the concept is realised to its fullest potential through both. This includes producing detailed briefing documents for photographers and production companies so that the shoot is executed according to approved creative
- Art Directing shoots (including studio and location shoots (with some international travel), ensuring that all shots/moving image deliver against brief
- Managing the post production of the shoot, working with photographers, retouchers and editors to produce perfect final shots and film
- Managing the campaign through the artwork process, including:
◦ Overseeing the creative artworker to deliver global campaign assets for review and ultimate sign off by the brand team and senior management
◦ Ensuring that clean and accurate global artwork files are completed and delivered for print according to the schedule
◦ Presenting creative to the digital team who apply campaign assets online, and subsequently attending and feeding into reviews
◦ Reviewing the campaign in store once live to assess the results and recording any learning so that we continue to improve execution.
- Managing the team to deliver supporting global marketing materials that are in line with the brief, the brand and the budget. This will include brochures, below-the-line advertising, as well as other adhoc in-store POS. You will have responsibility for creative sign off of these assets alongside the senior manager.
- Managing and creatively supporting the design team (junior designer, creative artworker, freelancers as required) by holding regular one to ones and catch up meetings to ensure that they are clear in what they have to deliver, that they are creatively supported and motivated and that they to continue to develop their skills and knowledge within the business.
- Working with the senior manager to monitor workload and resource to ensure that business requirements are delivered.
- Protecting the brand through managing the use of the name, logo, visual identity and key assets in all areas covered by the graphic design team. You will also be required to review and approve third party applications to ensure brand compliance.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of designing and delivering to an extremely high standard, commercially successful creative campaigns (print and moving image) that work globally across multiple channels
- Be used to working in partnership with a copywriter to deliver and execute campaign concepts
- Understand luxury and have examples of work in this sector in their portfolio
- Have meticulous attention to detail, creatively and practically
- Be articulate and confident in presenting creative at all levels of the business as well to audiences of all sizes
- Be used to managing a heavy and fluctuating workload and are able to adjust priorities quickly and efficiently in line with business requirements
- Have successfully managed a team of creatives and artworkers in a similar environment
- Have an excellent understanding of printing, repro and photographic processes as well as an in-depth practical knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
Category Management, Visual Merchandising, UK Brand Management, International Brand Management and Digital
Photographers including their agents, Production Companies (including production managers, set designers, stylists, wardrobe designers, retouchers, editors)and Printers.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Reports To: Senior Manager, Creative Services