Aquent's client is seeking a Director of UX Research for a perm opportunity in San Francisco.
Purpose of the Role:
• Execution of Design Research for Home Appliances products in the United States
• Strong presentation skills is a must have
• Excellent communication skills is a must have
• Rigorously execute trends, design, and market and technology innovation research to provide relevant insights to Design teams.
• Integrate research results into the design process for Home Appliances products (oven, fridge, dishwasher, built-in product, vacuum cleaner, washing machine, air conditioning, IoT and so on), in collaboration with designers and strategists, to ensure research results are expressed in the project result.
• Produce and present engaging and well-structured research reports for designers, marketers, engineers, planners and other interested parties.
• Tailor research findings to all levels of the global organization.
• Collaborate with third parties to carry out fieldwork components of research projects when requested.
• Increase the profile and understanding of design style with qualitative and quantitative research methods
• The ability to synthesis and communicate ideas visually, verbally and in writing is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Hands-on work planning, conducting, analyzing, and presenting results from research projects requested by senior manager
• Create research plans and tools that are unique to the needs and constraints of projects
• Research, identify, analyze and communicate Design / Lifestyle Trends and behaviors in United States
• Keep up to date with methodological and apply industry and technology best practice for Home Appliances market.
• Offer a good knowledge of design style in Home as cooking, cleaning, living, etc.
• Apply appropriate research tools and techniques at suitable stages of a design process.
• Be involved with creative workshops and understand how to build frameworks with research information.
• Communicate the user-centered design process and how research is an integral part of this process.
• Ensure research results are analyzed and synthesized to provide actionable findings for designers
• Monitor and support implementation of recommendations from research
• Subcontract and manage third parties in designing and executing user research
• Communicate and cooperate with Product Design teams, and other internal teams (Design Intelligence and Research, Software Engineering and Marketing and so on).
• Travel to Korea and Europe for research activities and presentation, as and when required.
• BA or MA in a Product Design related degree, Sociology, Cognitive Science or Anthropology
• 15 + years hands-on experiences
• Experience of working with/within large corporations or design consultancies.
• Must demonstrate understanding of qualitative and quantitative research techniques and their appropriate application
• Proven experience in planning, moderating, conducting and analyzing, field observations ðnographic research internationally.
• Have a flexible and innovative approach and be autonomous to manage projects and third parties.
• The candidate should be a team player.
• The desire to work in a fast paced and evolving environment coupled with the ability to
• Juggle multiple priorities is the key.
• Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and the Microsoft suite.
Bachelor’s Degree Master’s Degree preferred
International travel is required
Relocation package provided for candidates located in the United States