Contract with Fortune 500 Tech company with offices in Mississauga!
The ideal candidate needs to be a strong influencer to key stakeholders. They need to be able to effectively communicate to senior leadership and provide reporting and status updates. It is very important this person can stay organized to know the timelines of projects and planning work back schedules.
· Strong understanding of design process
· 5+ years of experience (Could be coming from an agency. They need to have managed complex projects with multiple people involved)
· Able to work in an agile environment and understanding agile workflow (story points and capacity planning)
· Having worked at the enterprise level
· Handling global projects or international campaigns
· Good understanding of products
· Strong understanding of the design process
· Good understanding of online advertising and marketing
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
· Experience doing design work in Sketch or Visual Design
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Daily standup meetings with the XD team
- Responsible for knowing about projects coming in and their status because they have spoken with the channel managers
- They will assign projects to the designers based on their skillset
- Be able to fill in a brief detailing what's needed of the project
- Manage the timelines of projects
- Set up meetings
- Follow up with channel managers
SOFT SKILLS/PERSONALITY TRAITS:
- Highly organized
- Excellent communication both written and verbal. This is very important as they will be communicating across different teams.
- Creative thinker
- Easy going personality and cool under pressure
- Hard working, someone who can "hit the ground running"
- Strong leadership skills. Someone who is able to lead without authority.
- Strong influencing skills and able to influence effectively.
- Good problem solving skills, good at tackling challenges
- Someone who is not afraid to speak up and push back when needed and during the appropriate times.
- University degree or equivalent experience
CURRENT TECHNOLOGIES/PLATFORMS BEING USED:
- MS office (They should have solid excel skills)
- Google Docs
- Asana (project management software)
- Please provide the portfolio link on the first page of the candidates resume.
- If they do not have a portfolio they need to present how they implemented processes and procedures to help improve workflow, reporting, and on time project delivery. They need to be able to provide examples of this and effectively communicate and show our hiring managers they would be capable of this role.