As a Senior Data Scientist at our global packaging client, you will be part of a cross-functional team dedicated to building and delivering innovative products with high impact and visibility within the organization. You will leverage advanced techniques, such as optimization, data mining, statistical analysis and mathematical modeling, to develop solutions that help us operate more efficiently and cost-effectively. You will be expected to engage with our business partners to identify data-driven opportunities and develop corresponding predictive/prescriptive models to solve business problems. You will be responsible for collecting, organizing, analyzing, and then sharing insights gleaned from data.
• Formulates and applies mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret information that assists the business with decision making, policy formulation and/or other management functions through solutions that save time, cost, or improve processes.
• Analyzes large data sets and use programming languages such as Python, R, IBM SPSS Modeler to develop statistical and optimization models to drive business solutions.
• Builds large data sets from multiple sources to build algorithms for predicting future data characteristics. Those algorithms will be tested, validated, and applied to large data sets.
• Setups and deploys models/solutions in a live/production environment.
• Identify data needs and requirements for data collection, transformation and integration to support modeling needs
• Prepare technical reports, presentations, and status briefings to communicate status and results of analysis to other business partners within WestRock.
• Researches current trends in the industry and utilizes up-to-date technology (for example, HBase, MapReduce) and analytical skills to support their assigned project.
• Mentors and develops the technical and business skills of other Data Scientists.
What you need to succeed:
• Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science, Math or related quantitative field.
• 5+ years of experience in model prototyping through use of optimization tools including CPLEX, AMPL, or OPL
• Strong programming, data mining and machine learning background
• 2+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or transportation industry
• Analytical and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time
• Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast moving and constantly evolving high growth environment
• Committed team player who is proactive, takes ownership over the success of their projects, and works hard to support those around them
• Demonstrated ability in innovation to create business value and influence business strategy
• PhD in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science, Math or related quantitative field.
• Experience with machine learning, graph analysis and statistical modeling.
• Proficiency in at least one statistics/data analysis package, such as Spark, Python or R.
• Proficiency in at least one programming language, such as Python or Java, etc.
• Experience with deploying data science solutions in a live, production environment.
• Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, and integration testing.
• Strong communication and data presentation skills; ability to communicate with data-driven stories
• Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies, tools and techniques
• Flexible and responsive; able to perform in a fast paced, dynamic work environment and meet aggressive deadlines
• Ability to work with technical and non-technical team members
This is a temp-to-hire opportunity.