Vitamin T is currently in search of a SR Creative Strategist for our client in Metro Detroit. This is a long term role!
We’re looking for an experienced creative professional with a passion for visual storytelling and the talent to leverage your artistry to guide business decision-making. As a Senior Creative Strategist, you would play a leading role in conceiving and developing persuasive communications that leverage quantitative and qualitative research to educate audiences on diverse customer groups, markets and business strategies. The role provides the opportunity to collaborate with other creatives as well as consultants, researchers and other specialists on projects for major global organizations in a variety of industries.
Creative talent on our Arti|fact team should...
• Balance art with purpose. We recognize that visual communication is more than aesthetic appeal, creating communications that engage, inform and inspire through copy and art.
• Ideate and produce. Provided with raw input – often including data – we apply creativity to come up with original design concepts and transform ideas into finished pieces.
• Have broad toolkits. We’re comfortable working with a variety of software – transitioning seamlessly between design tools (e.g., InDesign) and office apps (e.g., PowerPoint).
• Be creatively curious. We consistently explore new and innovative visual communication.
• Have a solution-orientation. We attack all challenges with potential solutions in mind.
• Be empathetic. We want to learn about our story subjects (i.e., customers of a variety of products and services) and our audiences (e.g., marketers, product designers, leaders).
• Have business acumen. We have or develop an understanding of clients’ business challenges.
• Excel at managing time. We prioritize and manage details successfully in a fast-paced environment requiring flexibility and resourcefulness.
• Be highly collaborative. We enjoy learning from and partnering with others – taking direction or providing it – and integrate seamlessly in multi-disciplinary teams.
Responsibilities of the role include…
• Lead proposal development for moderately complex projects, assessing clients’ communication needs, conceiving of relevant approaches, and scoping them out.
• Manage communication design for complex projects, including:
o Produce reports/presentations, custom frameworks and infographics; translating raw input into physical/digital communications.
o Support production of motion graphic videos by developing storyboards and providing design assets to in-house video editor.
o Support development of microsites by creating layout concepts and providing design assets to in-house web developers.
o Lead development of exhibits by consulting on overall layout and producing components (e.g., graphic panels, videos).
• Consult on communication design for moderately complex projects.
• Coach other creatives on ideation, conception and production of communications.
• Review drafts and final collateral to ensure that client needs are fulfilled and design standards are upheld.
• Promote communication design throughout the organization by leading relevant cross-team initiatives (e.g., manage product or process, participate in company task force).
• Support thought leadership in the broader industry by participating in the development of materials for conference presentations, blog posts, etc.
• Support resource management by coordinating workload of creative talent on retainer-based projects.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Have 9+ years’ of relevant experience, with a background in Design, Communications, or Journalism
• Are an expert in:
o Presentation design and other forms of information design, especially those that involve the communication of quantitative information (e.g., stats, visualizations)
o Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
• Have advanced skills in:
o Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
o Video art direction
o Digital illustration
• Have at least intermediate experience in:
o Adobe Photoshop
o Exhibit design
• Can build external client relationships and manage external client conversations (e.g., discuss needs, present solutions)
• Are proficient with PCs and other Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Word)
• Are highly self-motivated and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
• Have experience managing direct reports and coaching others
+ Click apply at the bottom of this page
+ Treat yourself. You've just applied for one of the most awesome opportunities you've ever seen!
Not your cup of tea? Refer a friend! http://vitamintalent.com/rewards