Job Title: Copywriter
Reports to: Director of Creative Services
Workflow: Creative Director
Division: Creative Services
Job Summary: Primary responsibility is to develop concepts and ideas that reflect the creative strategy and meet the needs of the objective. You will translate the concepts into bold, strategic and persuasive messages that meet the needs of the objective as directed by the Creative Director. You will put DBA’s cultural imperatives of honor, integrity, unity, strategic thinking and celebration into daily action through your essential and marginal duties.
• In a “hands on” role, oversee and produce concepts, content and messages that communicate outlined objectives
• Interprets strategy to determine direction for brand voice, campaign message or content
• Responsible for the development of brand messages. This may include (but not limited to): social media content, branded content, television scripts, radio scripts, video content, direct mail, print ads, digital ads, out-of-home, and other duties as assigned.
• Work with copy editor and technical copywriters to ensure that the voice and style is on target with assigned brands.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions by contributing/generating ideas/concepts to meet client’s objectives, strategies and needs.
• Assist in creation of presentations for existing and new client presentations
• Ensure that assigned brands are following their determined guidelines and standards including tone of voice, style preferences and content development.
• Under the direction, and with the approval, of his/her CD, the Copywriter sees work through to its production
• Provide creative project recaps for all team members and clients on a project-by-project basis.
• Ensures management team is advised on all stages of project progress
• Responsible for the direction and planning of voice over sessions
• Works as a team to develop campaigns, overseeing broadcast, digital and print mediums.
• Other duties as assigned
• Participates in client presentations
• May work with business development team to develop new client RFP proposals.
• Contribute to the Agency
• Balance client demands with participation in broader agency initiatives.
• Maintains external professional relationships to assure the ongoing availability of specialized expertise and gifted freelancers when their services are required.
• Works well with vendor partners (printers, photographers, illustrators, freelancers, etc.) as needed
• For DBA Production: Your role on a recording session will be to contribute to the direction of the talent. This may include directing the talent, engaging with the client and providing direction to the audio engineer.
• For DBA Production: Your role on a video or photography set will be to contribute to helping to unify the vision. You will be responsible for overseeing the script continuity and the overall delivery of the story.
• For DBA Production: Your role in pre and post production needs to be “hands on”, collaborating with your creative team and production team to achieve the desired outcome. This may include (but not limited to): input for talent selection, motion graphics, music, directors, editing, mixing and mastering.
• For DBA Production: As part of the creative team, you will collaborate with the production director to achieve the desired outcome and will be assigned tasks as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university required
• 2+ years of work experience as a Jr. Copywriter
• Must have at least 2 years of Ad Agency experience
• Experienced Microsoft Suite, Keynote and Adobe Suite preferred
• Demonstrated success with digital and traditional marketing
• Knowledge of talent casting, print, radio and video production, proven experience in selecting and working with resources (illustrators, directors, etc).
RELATIONAL CAREER PATH (next level): Sr. Copywriter
How to apply:
+ Click apply at the bottom of this page
+ Email a resume to Brandon at firstname.lastname@example.org (be sure to include your portfolio, a link to them, or samples of your work, if applicable)
+ Treat yourself. You've just applied for one of the most awesome opportunities you've ever seen!
Not your cup of tea? Refer a friend! http://vitamintalent.com/rewards
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Job Title: Copywriter