Our client is a fortune-500 pharmaceutical and biosciences firm located in Central NJ. They are ramping up hiring for their busy 2012 year and looking for eager, energetic individuals with prior experience working in the fast-paced agency or in-house studio world. If this sounds like you, please read on:
Position Description and Responsibilities
• Creates and develops innovative ideas and copy for marketing, advertising, promotional, professional and informational materials for print and multimedia campaigns/projects.
• Collaborates with designers on complex projects, taking direction from the Account Executive (AE) and/or Studio Manager and incorporating feedback into the copy. Ensures all deadlines are met.
• Obtains appropriate source materials, ensuring they contain accurate data/material and that all medical references are correct.
• Ensures all BMS corporate, product branding, Legal, and Pharmaceutical Promotion Compliance guidelines are followed to the letter.
• Establishes clear deliverable expectations with Copywriting Manager/Studio Managers/AEs/Proofreading and negotiates timelines.
• Aids in developing departmental training materials, style guides, and SOPs; helps train/mentor junior staff members.
Skills and Knowledge Desired
• Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills, with an aptitude for creative, marketing and strategic thinking.
• Ability to translate marketing strategy into clearly written content.
• Operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; highly organized and multitasks effectively.
• Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
Experience/Position Requirements Desired
• Bachelor’s degree in English or Writing, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 5 years professional copyediting experience, preferably in the medical/pharmaceutical field.
• Proficiency in AMA style; with experience writing consumer promotional copy; ad agency experience preferred.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs