We are currently looking for a Senior Copywriter for a financial services client in North West Dallas!
As a Senior Writer, you will be responsible for creating and executing a content strategy designed to reach our prospects and customers. As a team, we believe that content is the essence of a brand. You must be able to take a topic and produce accurate, relevant, and on brand content which may include website content, direct mail copy, blog entries, white papers, case studies, scripts, press releases and social media postings.
- Working independently and as part of the creative team, typically including an art director and/or designer, to deliver excellent work on every aspect of a project.
- Develop concepts and supporting materials for a holistic brand relaunch as well as day-to-day marketing needs.
- Evangelizing our corporate style and brand voice and tone, sharing with other groups the importance of consistency in delivering our brand promise.
- Understanding the business and industry of our internal clients and the lives of our prospects and customers.
- Participating in all necessary internal and external meetings - briefings, status, brainstorming sessions, and presentations.
- Managing multiple projects for various clients, and working with project management to meet all deadlines.
- Keep brand marketing management aware of pertinent project activity.
- Must be able to present ideas in an organized, professional, and effective manner.
- Responsible for managing workload and time lines.
- Maintain awareness of brand budgets.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, or Communications.
- Hands-on contributor with 10+ years full-time writing experience copywriting and concepting for print and digital, with experience writing web copy.
- Financial services copywriting experience preferred; brand launch support experience a plus.
- Experience with corporate marketing and branding, and a clear understanding of marketing strategies and concepts.
- Strong presentation skills, and outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-manage internal deadlines and release dates.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word; Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Acrobat, and Wordpress is helpful.
Portfolio must contain:
- Advertising executions (TV, print, digital and outdoor), ideally award-winning
- SEO writing sample (highly preferred this is one of your 3-5 samples)
- Live copy on the web (i.e. Blog, website), preferably a site under your direction
- Sample marketing/email campaigns
- Direct mail samples
- Emotive and story-telling writing style highly desired