Our client is a large financial institution in Wilmington, DE and they are looking for a Senior Copywriter to join their team for a contract to hire role. This role will go full time for the right candidate. This Senior Copywriter role is 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K are offered.
They are looking for a Copywriter who has worked on a premium brand like Apple, Amex Platinum or Centurion, Grey Goose vodka, or Starbucks. Do you have experience writing for premium brands? Not stuffy, old school, old money old fashion premium. Premium with a modern sensibility and a contemporary voice. A voice that will appeal to the millennial set without alienating their less celebrated (but no less important) counterparts in other segments. If so, we want to talk to you about a great opportunity.
As a Copywriter for the internal creative agency working on one of their top brands, you will work closely with a small multi-disciplinary team of art directors, account managers, business leads and web developers and the like to conceptualize, cajole, debate and experiment your way into creative solutions that translate marketing strategy into compelling messaging and content for customers, prospects and curiosity seekers of all stripes.
Let’s be clear. This Copywriter job is as much about strategic thinking as it is about creative muscle. And you could be working on anything from adapting brand advertising to owned channels to developing digital ads, emails, social media, and online campaigns. You’ll be expected to learn and internalize the brand voice so that you can express it flawlessly in any channel with punchy, pun-free headlines that engage and persuade and original, cliché-less prose that compels the consumer to pay attention.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities of Copywriter:
· Develop concepts/solutions in a rapidly changing, highly regulated environment.
· Write compelling, effective copy and adhere to brand guidelines and contribute to the ongoing evolution of our voice, style and organizational standards.
· Collaborate with fellow creatives and account managers to strategize about campaign needs and creative considerations from start to finish: think strategically and consider the customer experience and overall communications framework.
· Assist in presenting creative ideas and solutions to clients.
· Advise clients on idea and campaign recommendations and issues.
· Partner with external agencies to create content that supports campaign objectives.
· Participate in project kickoffs, status meetings, and creative reviews, to stay aligned with the creative process and ensure adherence to timelines.
· ONLINE PORTFOLIO WITH SAMPLES OF YOUR WORK REQUIRED
· At least 7 years of professional marketing, advertising or content writing experience at an external or in-house agency, preferably on premium brands. Card marketing experience is helpful, but not required.
· Proactive, organized and detail-oriented work style
· Comfortable working independently but also skilled at collaborating with art directors and others within a team environment
· Strong communication, leadership and strategy skills.
· Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently and consistently meet deadlines
· Excellent presentation and negotiating skills
· Commitment to customers and the customer experience.
· Knowledge of the financial services industry, or the ability to learn it quickly
· Experience working in a highly regulated industry with an understanding of the importance of risk and control (ie, pharmaceutical or healthcare if not financial)