The ideal candidate will have direct experience or deep knowledge of the current entertainment marketplace and must demonstrate exceptional creative writing skills with a strategic marketing emphasis. Working as a creative team member, this person will help elevate the messaging effectiveness and style on all projects while maintaining alignment with the brand. The Senior Writer will work closely with the creative team to create materials for many departments including Programming, Retail, Direct to Consumer, Automotive, Retention and Corporate. This is a hands on position that will include everything from direct marketing letters to television concept to channel naming to digital communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Help implement a brand voice and personality through all the various consumer touch points.
• Help set and monitor the tone of the brand.
• Work on programming focused communications that help explain and create desire for our content.
• At least 5 to 7 years of proven marketing copywriting preferably with experience in product marketing and entertainment industry.
• Experience in entertainment marketing preferred.
• Bachelor of arts degree in communications or marketing or equivalent experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
• Must be have a lot of experience with direct marketing mail, radio and TV and show work done for comparable brands.
• Should be highly creative and able to develop and execute ideas that fully support the creative brief.
• Experience working with marketing departments.
• Must have a collaborative work process.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
• Resourceful self-starter.
• Enthusiastic positive attitude with an exceptional attention to detail and ability take a project from concept through to completions despite numerous revisions.
• Must be able to take ownership of large projects and manage them within a fast paced timeline.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to collaborate with a Designers and Art Directors and take direction from a Creative Director when needed.
• The ability to work as part of a creative team to develop overall marketing campaigns, digital and direct mail, print, radio, television, from initial concept to execution.
• Strong creative writer who can tackle a variety of jobs in a fast-paced creative environment.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• Exceptional, creative focused, strategic copywriting skills to accomplish many different objectives including brand awareness, consumer retention, up sell, win back and programming promotion.
• The ability to take technical jargon and effectively translate it into a consumer conversation.
• Must be a strong conceptual thinker.
• Knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and pdf workflow.
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of current entertainment environment.
• Independently navigate the creative process, can collaborate and negotiate successfully with other teams while being proactive, resourceful and flexible along the way.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs