Senior Copywriter: Youth Charity
Based near Kensington
My client is a charitable organisation that runs programmes for 16-17 year olds. They take part in outdoor activities, meet new people and have the chance to give something back to their communities. Runs across England in the summer and during academic breaks in autumn and spring.
It is a flagship voluntary programme for 16 and 17 year olds, which aims to create:
● A more engaged society – by enabling young people to work together on social action projects in and with their communities
● A more cohesive society – by mixing young people of different genders, places, ethnicities, religions, abilities, and socio-economic and educational backgrounds with each other and older generations
● A more responsible society – by supporting young people’s transition to adulthood through personal social development, challenging activities and guided reflection.
They are looking for a Senior Copywriter to join the creative team and operate within the Marketing team but with responsibilities across the organisation.
They are looking for a strategic individual who can translate consumer insight into powerful messages and bring their personality to life in a tangible and meaningful way whilst acting as brand guardian.
The role reports into the Creative Content Manager and has line management responsibility for a Junior Copywriter. The role requires an individual confident with creating adapting and tailoring messages to very distinct audiences, often based on strategic rationale and research data.
The Copywriter will interpret often complex Marketing strategies and recommend on engaging copy. The successful candidate will write copy for programme recruitment materials, brand campaigns and media communications targeting parents and guardians and young people e.g. website, CRM communication, stakeholders (political, education and business sectors) assets, internal communications, conference presentations, presentations and speeches for our CEO.
Personal specification experience:
● Substantial copywriting experience either in-house or agency
● English university degree or journalistic experience with varied portfolio of work matching responsibilities outlined above
● Experience of writing copy of a corporate nature
● Experience of and proven success with writing copy for consumer lifestyle brand(s)
● Experience of different writing styles
● Voluntary sector and youth experience is valued
Skills and attributes:
• A creative and strategic conceptual thinker who's comfortable in a range of writing formats: from serious long copy to a witty one-liner
• A versatile writer who can connect with different audiences with a demonstrable experience of working for a youthful audience
• A strong proofreader with an impeccable standard of grammar
• A genuine passion for making a difference and an understanding of the charity
• A team-player who enjoys working with a range of creative people
• A collaborative team player who is able to receive, interpret and act on feedback from various stakeholders
• A positive and conscientious self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Creatively curious and motivated to challenge themselves to deliver consistently strong work relevant to the audience
• Highly organised with an ability to prioritise and work to fast-changing and sometimes conflicting deadlines