Are you looking for a long term engagement with an excellent company, that boasts a friendly culture in relaxed studio environment?
This is a full time role that will require to you to be onsite working collaboratively requiring a commercial mind and 10 years of B2B experience ideally from a journalism background.
If this sounds appealing we would like to hear from you with your CV, portfolio and LTD Dayrate!
More about the role...
As the London based Senior Content Writer you will be part of the internal agency – Global Creative Services. Your core responsibility will be to support the Financial Proposition Marketing team in the creation of long and short form written content for marketing and content campaigns and the promotion of our products and services.
This role is part of a newly formed, tightly focused collaborative group of creative professionals dedicated to one primary client group and business line. Working alongside designers and campaign strategists, project and programme managers you will be in a lead strategic role and seen as an integral part of the ‘content engine’ for F&R – In collaboration with senior marketers, you will be helping originate content that will support delivery of our core F&R market propositions and marketing campaigns to our customers.
You must be an experienced writer, with a commercial mind-set, used to working in a fast-paced environment and able to quickly become a subject matter expert for the F&R business. You will be expected to demonstrate the flexibility and enthusiasm needed to produce written content for published articles, white papers, thought leadership material, advertising, marketing propositions, campaign messaging, print and digital marketing material, social media and video scripts; across print, digital, social and video communications. The ideal candidate will have a strong business journalist and copywriting background, be an adept interviewer and be strategically minded in terms of content delivery across multiple channels to generate effective results.
• Writing compelling B2B content across the full range of business and marketing communications for all forms of media to communicate complex ideas in a simple, clear way that connects our audience of global professionals to the solutions we provide
• Research and quickly understand complex propositions, products, campaigns in the Financial and Risk space – through exceptional interviewing and analytical skills - and validate content ideas from subject matter experts against our proposition criteria in support of commercial priorities
• Originating exceptional written content with the relevant brand-led tone of voice
• Build and develop core working relationships and business expertise with key stakeholders
• Build and develop relationships with creative ‘lead’ peers to share content, innovations and ideas that can help inform future work, resource decisions and improve briefing process and overall quality of output
• Analyze, interpret and challenge creative briefs
• Help define and manage delivery expectations and where appropriate negotiate additional time/resource to ensure the quality of creative output
• Review creative content from other writers from a quality-control perspective
• Interpreting and acting on feedback
Education and experience requirements
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, required (English, Communications, or Journalism preferred)
• 10 years+ experience working within a similar role - professional writing in B2B environment
• Proven ability to lead content campaigns and produce viable written creative concepts
• Business journalism background preferred.
• Extensive content creation, copywriting and script writing experience for B2B audiences across complex subject matter
• Proven track record of translating marketing proposition and concepts into effective written content for integrated marketing campaigns and communications across a range of both print and digital tactics, including: Print and digital advertising, white paper reports, thought leadership material, social media, video, collateral, direct mail, tradeshow displays, sales presentations, internal corporate programs, email marketing, content marketing, and more
• Strong research and interviewing skills
• Understanding of fundamentals of digital communications, SEO and social media
• Exposure and expertise in Financial and Risk space preferred
• Worked within a client services and/or agency environment directly engaging with clients
• Vastly experienced in B2B marketing or providing creative services to a B2B organisation
• Experience in messaging/content strategy for large business organizations that have well-structured and disciplined brand standards
• Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects concurrently
• Strong time management and prioritisation skills
• Solid experience working on and with communications across all forms of media
• Exceptional communication and people-management skills
• Ability to accept, understand and deliver feedback
• Proven creative problem-solving skills to evaluate a creative approach and appropriate response
• Client management – direction and consultation
• Working with people from different seniorities, cultures and backgrounds
• Numerate with a strong commercial understanding
Technical skills and platforms
• Experienced business writer in terms of marketing proposition material, campaigns, published articles, advertising, social media and thought leadership content
• Accomplished creative copywriting across all forms of media - print and digital, social and video
• Able to produce content in a range of voices and styles that is free of typographical, spelling or grammatical errors.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Familiarity with MS Office suite
• Experience of using project management software is a plus