Senior Congress Project Manager
Congress Project Manager(s) will oversee execution and manage all congress cross functional work streams, timelines and activities including; Association Communication, Finance, Compliance and Legal, Security, R & D,WW Commercial, WW Medical, Local Managing Country, Exhibit Services, Global Meetings Management, Medical Education Agencies, Competitive Intelligence, and PR Agencies.
Congress Managers will be responsible for:
• Researching international congresses for different therapeutic areas and their available sponsorships opportunities
• Attending Association Business Meetings and reviewing and scoping out booth placement and ancillary meeting space as well as recommendations of hotel housing options to the 3rd party vendor
• Partner with the Associations to create new support opportunities – keep company goals and objectives in mind
• Partner with Exhibit Services to coordinate booth development and execution
• Oversee congress tactics to include but not limited to the congress specific sponsorship packages: Mailers, bag inserts, e-blasts, symposia, ancillary meetings, receptions and meetings in general.
• Developing and maintaining a congress budget with the assistance of Global Meeting Management in reviewing post congress budget reconciliation, finalizing and verifying all expenses
• Initiating contact with the markets on the attendee list from each market and seeking final approval of the attendee list
• Execution of compliance training for each individual congress – where appropriate
• Compiling initial event and final confirmation details to the markets
• Approving venues, hotel housing blocks
• Collaborating with all vendors, management and the congress team to ensure event execution runs smoothly
• Maintaining records of event activities; electronic and hard files
• Review and execute on mobile apps for congresses for internal customers - where appropriate
• Recommend and review with 3rd party vendor on internal registration sites for housing and activities that surround WW Congresses
• Review and recommend with 3rd party logistical vendor on external registration for housing and activities that surround WW Congresses for company's invited HCP’s
• Recommend and review multi-faceted series of tactics for enhanced customer engagement and management
In addition, to sound and proven technical capabilities, project managers have strong and mature interpersonal skills, given the significant amount of collaboration throughout all levels of the organization and with external customers. Project Managers understand the business, corporate culture and are able to keep up with evolving priorities. Congress Managers have a high level of initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, creativity and collaboration required to develop plan and execute successful congresses and manage to multiple priorities. Extensive knowledge of many external congress association resources to be able to triage escalated issues.
In addition to the above summary, Congress Project Managers will be responsible for the following congress activities
• Develops the congress specification based on company worldwide needs, (i.e. # of sleeping rooms on which night, meeting space needs, what days, how long).
• Act’s as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) making sponsorships, meeting space, booth space recommendations to the sponsor based on the congress goals and objectives
• Develops a high level budget based on company congress activities to get to aggregate Total Meeting Costs (TMC=fully loaded total costs and expenses enterprise wide for worldwide congresses).
• Make recommendations of the functions needed on the CORE Team – 10 attendees, develop their roles/responsibilities/commitments on this team.
• Maintain organizational leadership support to ensure CORE team members are empowered to make appropriate decisions within a timely manner.
Manages and Executes Project Plans
• Acts as a project leader on the CORE team by managing project plan and timelines.
• Oversee 3rd party suppliers for accountability on project plans and timelines
• Ensure that all BMS employees and 3rd party suppliers are compliant
• Ensures all 3rd party services are provided with high standards, timeliness, efficiency and accuracy
• Review and approve with appropriate parties general materials and correspondence for congress messages internal/external including e-mail blasts, confirmation notices, welcome materials, instructional guides, company schedule of events
• Approve registration site and management of RSVP process through 3rd party meeting tool
• Research , review and recommend technology tools to be utilized for internal customer engagement at congresses
• Develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with company stakeholders and customers
• Responsible for liaising with WW Markets for specific congresses activities, i.e. sponsorship participation, invitee list, post-congress market reconciliation (company employees and HCP’s)
• Engage with WW Security Teams
• Partner with WW Compliance and local compliance
• Development of congress timelines, enforce adherence to adoption of timeline accountability
• Responsible for CORE team accountability with timelines and communications
• Create the communication slide deck and in collaboration with the congress sponsor update weekly or bi-weekly depending on frequency of CT meetings
• Create sharepoint site and update sharepoint site as needed per congress
• Create Congress road map for large scale complex congresses
• Oversee company WW Congresses and related activities that surround the congress to ensure best in class event
• Responsible for negotiation and relationship for congress related associations and serve as main point of contact company
• Ensure compliance policies are met to support WW Congresses
• Act as main contact for all associations.
• Participate in all BMI meetings (Business Industry Meetings) to establish and maintain relationship with Associations.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Senior Congress Project Manager