Senior Communications Specialist
Duration: 12+ months contract
Location: SF Bay Area
Do you have a passion for writing and designing channels to deliver news? Do you have experience developing, delivering and managing internal communications within a technology team or company? If so, this position may be a great fit for you!
The Communications Specialist is responsible for the writing and development of internal communications. We are looking for an experienced, creative, energetic communications writer who can work cross-functionally to develop and write content that keeps our employees engaged, and someone that also has experience creating communications for the executive level (e.g. emails, presentations).
• Developing engaging content for a variety of channels, including executive e-mails and presentations, monthly newsletters and web pages.
• Collaborating with colleagues across the organization to tailor messages for internal audiences and media types, while developing a product that is engaging and meaningful to the reader.
• Managing all steps of writing projects, from information gathering to content development, review, editing, design, proofreading and final publication.
• Providing recommendations on how to organize content to be most effective and to conform to best practices and industry norms.
• Developing, coordinating and maintaining communications calendars to ensure support developing new content and refreshing existing materials.
• Establishing writing standards and quality control measures to ensure consistent messaging, tone and brand standard/identity.
• Recommending enhancements, reviewing requirements and participating in user testing for the optimization of our channels and tools.
• Supporting the creation of processes that encourage ongoing communication and collaboration amongst technology staff.
• Ability to manage both short and long term deadline efficiently.
• BS/BA degree or equivalent required (English, journalism, communications, marketing or related major).
• 8-10 years of delivering internal employee communications.
• 3 years of supporting executive-level communications.
• Technology operations, financial services or payment industry experience preferred.
• A demonstrated capacity for understanding and communicating on departmental strategies and objectives.
• Excellent verbal communication skills with a strong ability to communicate story ideas successfully at all levels across the organization.
• Experience developing communications metrics and making informed recommendations.
• A strong work ethic: A self-starter who can solve problems creatively and work well with others in a cross-functional team environment.
• Excellent project- and time-management skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
• The ability to adapt to change quickly and to tackle unfamiliar tasks and requests with enthusiasm and resourcefulness.
• Strong computer skills: Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
--Bonus skill sets: Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, HTML editor tools, CRM and marketing automation tools, and social media applications.
• Graphic design experience a plus.
About the Company:
Our client is one of the world’s largest payment technology companies, connecting financial institutions, merchants and governments around the world with credit, debit and prepaid products. They are regularly recognized as one of America’s best companies! This is a long-term, 12 month contract position. Candidates must be able to work onsite in the SF Bay Area during normal business hours Monday through Friday. Candidates who thrive here enjoy fast-paced, agile, team-based work environments with a strong sense of initiative and ownership of projects.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Senior Communications Specialist