Senior Communications Specialist
The senior communication specialist is responsible for setup and development of effective, secure and timely data communications to, from and between customers. This role is ON-SITE in Houston, TX. This role is responsible for solving global communications issues. This position will report to the resource manager and work closely with project managers and the client services architect.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitor and support current communication environments for failures and any irregularities.
- Install and migrate customers in the development, test, user acceptance and production environments. This may involve connections to value added networks or directly to customer systems.
- Work closely with project managers and account managers on customer-specific projects to install and test data communications.
- Write transition plans to handoff client implementations to support area.
- Create documentation of environments and day-to-day duties. This may also include the creation of training documentation.
- Involve production support or customer support when issues occur to have them notify customers of any status or data that may have to be resent or delayed.
- Interact with customers to facilitate setup and troubleshooting of data communications.
- Maintain development and user test environments.
- Troubleshoot communications hardware, software and configuration issues.
- Mentor others in data communications setup and troubleshooting techniques.
- Research new and more efficient ways of performing data communications.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.