The position should have a consultative skill set and approach to problem solving, as well as a flexible and collaborative working style. The individual should be a strong writer and be comfortable leveraging standard tools and best practices from prior experience to best meet communication needs. Attention to detail and experience working with technical content is needed. Individual should bring experience implementing a combination of traditional, digital and more creative communication tactics. The work involves a high degree of new communications development and existing communications updates that require the individual to be highly adaptable to change, work within tight timelines, and manage multiple priorities.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, Technical Writing, Journalism, or related major.
• 6 years of employee or HR-specific communications planning and execution experience.
• Ability to lead development, testing and launch of new digital platform.
• Experience with project work and relationship management required, including campaign conception, execution and management.
• Marriott-specific knowledge highly desirable.
• Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
• Experience launching new programs and systems.
• Comfort managing multiple projects simultaneously and working with third-party vendors as needed.
• Experience with digital and visual communication systems including graphic design, video, infographics, and more.
Knowledge and Skills
• Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing; listens to others and effectively comprehends information.
• Works with internal and external teams to complete development, content, user testing and launch of new digital platform.
• Curates, develops, publishes and distributes bi-weekly Finance/corporate content to HQ associates.
• Curates, develops, publishes and distributes quarterly Finance content to international associates.
• Manages and maintains brand integrity of templates (email, Word, PPT, etc.).
• Writes, edits and distributes ad hoc messages for CFO, HR and other senior leaders.
• Adapts through multiple levels of review by senior leaders.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint applications.
• Ability to manage multiple work activities concurrently with minimal supervision