Our client, a Global eCommerce Giant, is looking for a Sr. Buyer!
As a Senior Buyer, you are responsible for managing the buying of compelling assortments within multiple high-growth departments for our customers. It’s your job to oversee a team to effectively develop suites of products – determining competitive pricing that lives up to our brand promise and analyzing marketplace trends to identify new opportunities for the future and which assortments to transition if they are past their prime – ensuring business plans are a “win-win” for our customers. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information and partnerships across multiple cross-functional touch points – providing forecasts and business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You won’t do this alone. You work within world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze and interpret customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics and, above all, a passion for helping our customers save money and live better.
• Develops and implements strategic direction for multiple departments or categories
• Drives sales and gross profit through the optimization of the product assortment in multiple departments or categories
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Merchandising
• Ensures business needs are being met
• Maximizes the return on inventory investment in partnership with the Merchandise Planning team, cross-functional partners, and suppliers
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• Supports cross-channel and company initiatives to achieve global strategic multi-channel plans
• 5+ years of proven experience in merchandise, forecasting and product selection
• 3+ years of Managerial experience developing Assoc. Buyers and Buyers
• Industry background required
• In addition, must have experience developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
• Have managed and maintained open-to-buy
• Must have experience managing and creating new categories of business in extremely competitive environment
• Must have experience with high risk, high volume, complex categories of goods
• Must have experience managing margin to meet category objectives
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Travel required roughly once per quarter
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Proven ability to manage online specific category strongly preferred