Senior Designer - New York Office
Freelance to Permanent Position
Our client, a creative agency in Manhattan is looking for a temp to perm senior designer.
They are a pioneer in the world of visual storytelling, and we are looking for someone with an inventive spirit who can grow,
inspire, and be inspired by our team and clients in a highly collaborative environment. As a creative agency for architecture and
real estate, our 50+ team of digital artists, filmmakers, programmers, and designers in our Boston and New York studios produce
strategic, innovative solutions across a range of visual and interactive media.
Looking for a process driven, highly conceptual branding designer with 6+ years professional experience to join the design
team on a freelance to full-time basis. The designer will help establish the conceptual and stylistic execution for
projects and campaigns, working in conjunction with the design team, Design Director, Creative Director and Project Coordinators
on all design solutions, including, but not limited to, branding & identity, print collateral, infographics, environmental graphics,
front-end interactive design.
Designer’s portfolio must exhibit strong creative process, typography and layout skills. Designer should have an inspiring personality that works well with and helps mentor existing design team.
• Create inspiring, strategic, and innovative ideas using a solid design process. Exhibit a passion for a critical thought process
to sell creative solutions both internally and to clients.
• Responsible for the quality of execution and quality of thinking and creative, seeing a concept through the creative process to
final sign off.
• Offer campaign style thinking, from conception of brand design to how this can be pushed through all outlets including print,
ads, website, iPad apps, environmental graphics and more.
• Offer best creative and innovative solutions within cost and time budgets. Manage projects, working within scheduling
requirements. Help define project and production parameters, including speaking to timelines.
• Present concepts/design to clients for approval; maintain client contact either directly or through a project coordinator.
Ability to drive communication with discerning, demanding clients and translate their challenges into a creative, solutionoriented
direction. Professionalism in dress and decorum when presenting to client, ability to read the audience.
• Confer with design department and project coordinators to discuss client requirements and presentation concepts,
and to coordinate creative activities.
• Ability to work with a team, including directing more junior designers and freelancers. Helping to manage their schedule,
review their work and make sure it is in line with project. This will sometimes be a remote process, working in conjunction
with the Boston office.
• Keep Design Director and Project Coordinators up-to-date on projects and schedule internal reviews accordingly.
• Ability to set up press-ready files, confer with vendors. Review and approve proofs, attend press runs.
Strong understanding of print capabilities and applicable production techniques (example: offset vs. digital).
• Orchestrate and lead brainstorms from organizing how it is initially run to managing what the outcome is.
• Work well under pressure, with tight deadlines.
• Knowledge and thirst to investigate, innovate, and develop trends in creative across all platforms mentioned above.
Sharing inspiration with the design team.
• Some travel required.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Senior Designer - New York Office