**An extensive government background check is needed before moving forward with a candidate**
Job Summary: They are looking for a self-motivated candidate who can quickly turn visual design and wireframes into functional pages and contribute to idea generation and development. Turn-around time is usually short and fast paced. You will work very closely with others in the user experience team, especially designers and information architects; coming up with new ideas and ways to implement their designs.
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within a highly fast-paced environment. The applicant should have strong experience working in team environments and have strong interpersonal skills, as well as strong client interaction skills.
• Assess existing sites/properties for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding
• Lead participatory design/user testing sessions (with oversight and direction)
• Identify and document meaningful patterns from the findings; provide recommendations to the client/internal team based on findings
• Utilize low-fidelity, medium-fidelity, and high-fidelity prototypes across the different stages of the design.
• Develop personas/segmentations based on research findings (with guidance and oversight)
• Create engaging scenarios and develop frameworks describing key aspects of a proposed experience, and how it reconciles business and user needs
• Create visually compelling representations of the solution's high-level interaction, navigation, and organization design (i.e., concept models)
• Develop visual representations of the organizational structure, hierarchy, and relationships of screens in a site as well as the interactions between the user and the functional modules in the solution
• Develop screen details (i.e., wireframes) depicting all elements on a unique screen type, including the content, functional, and navigation specifications (with guidance and oversight)
• Communicate effectively with creative user experience team and technical development team
• Ensure we meet all 508 accessibility requirements
• Assist lead designer with various design activities; such as web page designs, creation of banner images, buttons, etc.
• Translate visual designs into completed HTML pages while strictly adhering to design specifications
• Integrate presentation layer code with CMS and portal technologies
• Implement front-end structure and standards as defined by Creative Lead
• Work closely with back-end developers to ensure UI integrity throughout the development life-cycle
• Ensure cross-browser compatibility and resolve bugs where required
• Identify tools, templates, and techniques that evolve existing approaches.
• Based on functional specifications, optimize development for User Experience.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
• Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance
• 5+ years of industry experience, have worked in conjunction with UX and design team
• Experience working with responsive web designs and mobile web sites is highly desirable
• Candidates must be versed in user-centered design methods and techniques
• Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
• Prior experience in a consulting firm or agency preferred
• Has done cross-browser development and testing
• Experience with Wireframes and Proof-of-concept mockups
• Ability to learn new UI technologies quickly
• Experience in developing standards-based, CSS-driven, table-less layouts
• Knowledge of Section 508 standards and compliance
• Understanding of SEO and accessibility issues as they relate to the front-end.
• Graphics manipulation/optimization skills using Photoshop, Illustrator. etc.
• Graphics development, creating visual design comps skills using Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. a plus
• Experience working with portal technologies and/or backend frameworks (Java, .NET) a plus
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs