Our client is looking for a Senior Associate Designer to design sportswear/outerwear.
• Responsible for researching domestic markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics, techniques, etc.
• Participates in the conceptual development of product lines.
• Assists in ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
• Responsible for “specing” a new design.
• Responsible for details on design of product to include preparing and updating sketches and specifications.
• Coordinates sample production process to ensure that samples are produced and delivered on a timely basis.
• Increased involvement in sample fits and line edits.
• Recommends revisions/color ways on stripes, plaids and prints.
• Assists in fabric and trim development.
• Can meet independently with vendors.
• Solid understanding of design process
• Previous Sweater experience required
• Solid flat sketching skills
• Good design and color sense
• Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body
• Solid understanding of product construction (e.g., finishes, fabrics, hardware, stitches, safety requirements, etc.)
• Knowledge of fit model and standard measurements
• Good organizational, time management and communication skills
• General computer knowledge
• College degree in Fashion Design or related field.
• 2-4 years design experience.
• Ability to use personal computer.
• Occasional travel may be required.