Our NYC agency client is seeking an entrepreneurial digital marketing analyst to join their rapidly growing Data Sciences team in a Senior Associate Data Science and Analytics freelance role:
This position will be responsible for analyzing web site activity for one of the agency’s key clients.
**Most important experience is SQL, data science and statistics**
Start = ASAP
Duration = at least until the end of this year, with possible extension
Freelance W2 opportunity
Senior Associate Data Science and Analytics -
The Analyst will consult on analytics requirements, produce reports, identify implications for design and marketing initiatives, and interact with clients and internal teams to plan programs that will increase marketing performance. The successful applicant will posses strong experience delivering customer insights based on website activity in a client-driven work environment. Experience working with Unica NetInsight or other web reporting packages required.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES =
• Produce, analyze and deliver customer insights based on web site behavior, customer surveys, and other quantitative data sources
• Develops a strong understanding of the clients' business, current digital marketing initiatives, and customer experience goals; actively works towards insights and recommendations that will help agency deliver solutions to meet these goals.
• Work with Sr. Consultants or account teams to translate client requests into analytic work plans
• Enjoys working with clients and team members to help them understand the implications of Customer Insights
• Serves as an evangelist for data-driven decision making, accountability, and a commitment to continuous optimization
• Identify new ideas and opportunities for analytic projects
• Perform hands-on analysis of large volumes of web analytics, transaction and customer level data. Work with complex data structure, manipulate, cleanse data and perform statistical analysis - Learn and deliver online customer analyses, which may include: Customer Segmentation, Retention Analysis, Lifetime Value Analysis, Advertising Research, Brand Research, Site Utilization
• Plan, execute, and analyze online surveys using survey technologies such as Dynamic Logic, Insight Express, & Factor TG
• Participate and support in delivering results and presentations to clients
• Participate in national CIG practice groups to develop and promote analytic expertise.
• Adept at performing basic statistical analysis, such as calculating statistical significance, distributions, etc.
• Has or is interested in developing skills to be a hands-on practitioner of multivariate statistical analysis (regression and simple segmentation)
• Ability to query/join/transform data in a relational database
• Ability to interpret data and analyze results to generate insights
• Effectively communicate complex ideas to primary client contacts, both verbally and in writing
• Strong client service skills
• Superb at time management and project management
• The applicant should have at least 3 years of work experience in a business environment, with a minimum of 18 months successfully working within an intensively client-focused model such as an external consulting or marketing services firm.
Additional Experience / Requirements =
Channels: experience with campaign targeting, segmentation, test design/learning plans, reporting and optimization of:
CRM channels (email, Push Notifications)
Website/mobile (Adobe/Google Analytics)
DMP/Digital media (preferred)
Data to analyze
Account data (first and 3rd party), including demographics
Transactional data (product registrations, eComm, offer redemption)
Engagement data (email opens/clicks, push notifications taps, web visits and clickstream)
Other packages / platforms / skills
Data visualization: advanced Excel, Tableau, Power BI