• Support both the Art Director’s and the project’s goals and Art vision; Advise, direct, and facilitate internal and external teams in development of games and other interactive entertainment experiences, across multiple next-gen platforms
• Build and maintain effective collaborative relationships with both internal artists and external art production partners, consistently raising the quality bar for our experiences.
• Production leadership: ability to work with and often manage peer artists across multiple specialties and experience levels
• Cross-discipline problem-solving, collaboration and leadership with the team’s Designers, Engineers and Producers
• Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, both verbal and written
• Design maturity: comfortable working in a range of artistic styles; experience and confidence with how to adapt the best visual design process to the changing practical demands of multiple production deadlines
• In-depth mastery and understanding of 2D and 3D art and animation packages, in addition to comfort in at least one industry standard game engine
• Thorough understanding of all aspects of game development process, from design methodology to craftsmanship and production
• Create and maintain ‘Art best practices’ documentation
• 5 years in a Sr. Artist position and 3 years in Art leadership role preferred, with proven track record of driving and managing creative teams to success, as well as building & maintaining art production schedules, working with Producers to attain success on time
• Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and collaboration skills.
• Naturally collaborative, effective at supporting/partnering with Art Director and Creative-Design Director to implement and enhance their vision, while able to bring their own creative passion to the execution
• Self-motivated and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity, fast pace and often-shifting directions of V1 and incubation work
• Confident with sketching, previs and rapid, low-fi visual development, as well as finished, high-quality concept renders using whatever tools make the most sense
• Passion for games, technology, and amazing user experiences
• A fundamental understanding of digital art processes and production - how do artists work? How can you keep your fellow artists aligned with each other and with the Art Director, setting the highest bar for them through your own hands-on work?
• Comfortable switching nimbly between being a hands-on creative and managing the work of other artists
• Deep understanding of the technical requirements of real-time content development - getting high-quality results within tight performance budgets.
• Ability to create clear, compelling visual concepts- as static art and motion/previs
• Familiarity with modern game engines: Unity experience a big plus
• Experience with middleware content pipelines a plus.
• BA or BFA in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, 2D and 3D digital art creation and production or similar
• All candidates must deliver a full resume with samples to be considered for this position.
• Portfolio review required.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs