AQUENT is seeking for a senior Art Director to work directly and collaborate with members of the creative team and business partners to develop and produce effective communications. The selected talent must have at last 5-7 years of experience, multi channels, interactive design, web, mobile, social and video. This is a 40 hours per week, onsite, at their Richmond, VA campus . No remote work.
A DAY IN THE LIFE ON THE JOB:
- Ability to be self-organized and manage multiple and concurrent jobs.
- Facilitate presentations / have strong presentation skills; able to communicate tactically and strategically.
- Work with outside vendors, agency partners and internal process management teams.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of advertising and marketing trends and translates business intent into creative strategies and deliverables that market products effectively.
- Demonstrate understanding of intended audience; interpret market research and test results, use findings to focus targeted marketing messages.
- Facilitate brainstorm sessions; recognizes ideas that should go forward.
- Monitor projects to ensure creative intent is not diluted.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Web, mobile and social experience a plus.
- Experience: 4-year degree (preferred) in design or similar discipline.
- 6+ years design and art direction experience.
- Portfolio: Mid to High-budget print projects and campaigns involving supervising other designers.
- Demonstrates industry, conceptual and technical diversity.
- Likely to see unusual or unconventional formats.
- Brochures, videos, storyboards, ad comps, showing evidence of “thinking outside the box” while achieving goals.
- Industry Knowledge: Direct Mail and/or web design experience required within any industry, (Financial Services, preferred).
- Brings processes, technology or people solutions to the table with regard the design or print process.
- Proven ability to coach and challenge design team to improve the effectiveness of creative.
- Technical Knowledge: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop are required.
- Acrobat helpful. Web program experience also helpful: Flash, Fireworks, Dreamweaver.